When Cindy, the farm's owner, reassured Leah that these chickens were nice and it would be so fun to let them out of their coop, Leah changed her mind. She is all about fun, too.
I assumed that of all the animals we would be around on the farm, Leah would be most worried by the alpacas. They are big and a little strange looking and they just walk right up to you to check you out. But there were so many chores to think about she didn't have time to worry about these guys. She was helping Cindy fill up the water troughs. See her back there?
I don't know if its bossing or nagging, but she will insist on something until it wears you thin and you finally do it to her satisfaction. And once Cindy mentioned it, she wasn't leaving the farm until the water buckets were full of fresh water for the sheep. I'm telling you, don't mention something that needs fixing or cleaning or refilling around her or she won't let you leave until its done!
This moment reminded me of Leah, too. Alpaca are really nosey... And they get all up in your grill while you are trying to do something... But they are so cute you don't mind. 
Her work ethic is fierce. And so is her play ethic. I love this about her. She works and plays with equal intensity. Cleaning up is still her favorite thing to do.
She has become quite possessive these days. When she finds something she feels is valuable she says this: "I want to see it, I want to hold it, don't take it away from me." Makes me sound like such a meanie! And for some reason she doesn't say mine she says "my's." Its the one grammar issue I don't try and correct. "It's my's!" is so much cuter than "MINE, MINE, MINE!" :)
"I want to eat it!" she said as she put the FRESH egg to her mouth. Yes, fresh as in just popped out of the darn chicken. Eeeeeewwwww.
Miss Cindy said "Show me your eggs, Leah!" Did you notice the one on the left is green??? Cindy taught us that different varieties of chickens lay different colored eggs! You learn something new every day!
I hijacked that last pic from Cindy's blog on the Jacob's Reward website. You can see the post here. And you can find out more about how to get your own farm fresh eggs by clicking here. Thanks so much Cindy! We're already looking forward to our next dozen. We eat alot of eggs!This was like a day in the life I dream about living! Maybe one day some of you can come to the Curley family farm to get your fresh eggs!
.
.
1 comment:
She's a cute little 'farmer'! Glad she warmed up to the chickens and roosters. I recall dealing with the personality traits!
Post a Comment