"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the quirk off

I guess this is one of the things I signed up for when I decided to become a blogger. I was challenged/tagged by my ooooooold friend Amanda to list 6 quirky things about me (why 6 anyway?)... here goes... BEWARE -- I don't even know what I'm going to say. :)

1. I LOVE the dentist - 2 reasons.... I LOVE the laughing gas... its a good thing I didn't go into dental hygiene, because I would have been fired and had my license stripped from me for sneaking off to get a little hit of gas. Second reason, I LOVE to have that heavy lead apron draped over me when they take x-rays. I wish I had one of those at home... a very safe and secure feeling.

2. I love pus. This usually doesn't help me make friends... I know. But I'm a pimple popping, skin peeling, pus loving freak. It's the most satisfying feeling to squeeze a bunch of nasty purulence from a pimple or boil or even better..... an abscess!! Also peeling a sunburn gives me a similar satisfaction. I think this is actually fairly common, but I love it so much I've managed to revolve my career around it. Remember you should NEVER squeeze one of these things without supervision... call me and I'll be there.

3. I'm fascinated (obsessed at times) with predatory birds. I like to watch them, study about them etc... I think their place in the ecosystem is invaluable (maybe the deep love and respect comes from the fact that they hunt rodents... have I mentioned I hate rodents?). Falcons are my favorite, and I plan on learning the sport of falconry at some point before I die. One time I made the mistake of telling Kevin "I love birds of prey..." You would think you could share your interests with your partner in life. He told all his friends and they laughed at me for days.

4. Nothing gives me bigger creeps than mouse pads. The old kind when the mice had the little ball on it. There is a similar texture to some bicycle seats. iiiggg! Chills up my spine, heebie jeebies... and I don't even have to touch it, just thinking about it is creeeeeeepy enough.

5. I think I'm a criminal deep down, or maybe I was in a past life. :) Or maybe I'm just very impressionable, but a few examples... The movie A Long Kiss Goodnight, left me wishing I were an assassin. Gone in 60 seconds made me want to steal cars. The Sopranos always leaves me dreaming of being in the mafia. There are a few more...

6. If we didn't have bills to pay and I had unlimited funds, I would get one degree after another for the rest of my life. Not advanced degrees, but just so I could truly know a little bit about everything. I know I could do this without college classes, but I LOVED CLASSES! I could sit in a lecture hall,take notes, read and take exams forever! (except in physics or statistics... I see no need for these subjects at all) Many of you may be surprised by my love of classes, especially if we were friends in high school when I especially liked to find other things to do besides go to my classes.... but its true.

So I challenge you to a quirk off... Starting with Brandie, Jessica, Amanda Cox, Loree and since Leslie hasn't replied to Amanda's challenge she is re-tagged.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear... I'll get on this very soon. Give me some time to think... :)

Anonymous said...

I'll let you know how the filling goes... I'm sure it will be thrilling! :)
and... I'm still thinking about my quirks... Brandon's going to have to help me with this.

a: said...

Abby, I remember the bird discussion at a bar - I will never in my life foreget it...
Also, you must sign up for a myspace acct and play Mobsters - you kill, punch in the face, steal cars, etc. but it's really fun.