But, last night I had my first baby dream. My many preggy friends kept telling me how often they dreamed about pregnancy and their baby… and I haven't had any. I have only had super weird dreams about swinging from light fixtures and such. (No need to elaborate, that’s all there was to it... twice) So I was feeling a little jealous… until this morning. In the dream, Kevin and I had a little boy. The nurse brought him in and he was dressed like a girl, with a white dress-like garment with lace on it. And Kevin wanted to name him Texoma (in the dream…which to me is totally a girl name). I tried it, but I put my foot down and declared “No, the baby’s name is Owen!” After the decision was made, Kevin kept accidentally calling the baby Luke (which is one of the handful of boy names we are actually considering) and I got so frustrated and kicked him out of the grocery store! I proceeded to weigh the baby over and over in one of the hanging produce scales that hung between the hospital beds. I never got a result though… and it wasn’t a weight I was looking for. I wanted the scale to tell me the baby’s real name.
Here is the one from 2 nights before. I went to a tattoo parlor to get my lip pierced, and they missed and pierced my cheek instead. I drove to another tattoo shop to get it fixed and they said I’m sorry the damage is already done, there’s nothing we can do about it! Any dream analysts out there for me?
I have one idea (fear) about the baby dream and that is… I’m either having a mannish baby girl… or a baby boy who will want to dress like a girl. That’s as deep as I can get these days. If its true, I promise to love Little Curley unconditionally. Oh, and apparently I’m obsessed with the Wilson brothers and d
idn’t even know it! Which one do you think she will l
ook like?
idn’t even know it! Which one do you think she will l
ook like?
6 comments:
Dont you just love dreams! Some are so irritating. I bet though, your mommy instincts are still saying boy. Praying for your friends dfamily.
I warned you about that extra ear piercing :-) Enjoy the dream analysis -- it's just a bonus you get for free with each pregnancy and again with menopause. If your baby boy wears a dress occasionally, remember that his daddy was known to wear a skirt from time to time. And, if the precious little one looks like one of the Wilson brothers, we'll just get him/her a nose job. In the words of the wise philosopher, Ron White: "you can fix ugly, but you CAN'T FIX STUPID!"
You need to start taking belly pics to show how your growing. No you don't have to show your actually belly just stand sideways. I know you silly!
PS I'm so very sorry about your friend's mom. Yall are all in my prayers. Love you!
hey lady- don't worry my first baby dream was that I had a litter of kittens in the toilet!
"Texoma" - you're just dreaming about returning to the lodge!
please name your baby "Hank". I want to name mine htat, but one of Mark's fraternity brothers already stole it, but you are far enough removed from him. Puh-leeeeease... Hank Curley
Post a Comment