"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Friday, August 1, 2008

Why I never wanted a blog

I'm completely creeped out by all of my business being on the internet for all to see... I want to know who I have already told certain stories to so I don't repeat myself too much... I actually like communicating with my friends and family face to face... I am so lazy about uploading our pictures... Kevin thinks blogging is dumb... I have always thought it was dumb, unless you are REALLY funny (I'm only moderately funny, on a good day)... I feel like I am 8 years old writing in my diary, which I thought was dumb then, but did it because everyone else had a diary with all of their secrets in it (why would anyone EVER write down their secrets? Someone WILL find it and read it and embarrass you and ruin your life)...

Now that we are expecting Baby Curley, so many friends are NAGGING me to start a blog. They say it is the only way to keep everyone feeling like they know what is going on with you and that I will like having it to look back on in the years to come (isn't this what scrapbooks are for?). So here I am again. A giant 8 year old creating a blog because everyone else is doing it.

As I read this back I see that I seem a little pessimistic, sarcastic, insecure and slightly judgemental. :) I certainly don't think I am these things, so maybe I'll just put my big girl panties on and sound happy to be sharing my business with the universe. For my naggy friends, you guys better read this thing religiously and tell my how funny it was and how interesting my postings are.

Until next time....

7 comments:

your favorite oxymoron said...

lovin' it! you are too funnt!

Brandie said...

I thought that was wonderful! And I am thrilled to read about your everyday life =)

The Ballard Family said...

I am glad that we all nagged you and you are a blogger now. If you are only moderately funny, I'm pretty sure I am NOT funny at all! Also, a scrapbook...would you really take the time to do one? I'm thinking NO. :)

Sara said...

HILARIOUS!!!! and also very INTERESTING. Okay, continue on please. And I can only hope you will repeat stories that I've already heard.

Anonymous said...

Abby, your first blog is great! And I'm so excited to hear you and Kevin are expecting! Congrats!! Kate is due in about 3 weeks!

Giggle said...

what is "funnt"?

betty cooper said...

You got your funnt gene from me, didn't you? Here comes that little curley!!! oh boy, oh boy!