I came home from work the other day for a few hours to meet the plumber so he could fix our toilet catastrophe. Do you know those guys charge $95 an hour??? (plus this and that and a service charge too!) Seriously now..... is that even legal? So I mention this to a couple of people at work and they say "well think about the gross stuff they have to deal with everyday." To that I say... if we're basing pay on the sliding scale of grossness, I should be making AT LEAST that much! I've been a nurse in Burn ICU, Medical ICU, Rehab and Wound Care and I could blog for the rest of your life about the gross and ungodly places I have had my hands..... The number of shifts I have spent "playing in poop" as we say, are countless!! So, I just don't buy this reasoning about undesirable working conditions! I have much love for the plumber, as they can do the things I can't.... like fix your broken potty.... but I take offense to their bloated fees! Is there something I'm missing? I'm thinking if I plumbed as much as I work right now, I could OWN a ski resort pretty soon!! I'm not completely ungrateful though -- any of you may come by now and use our guest bathroom with no fear!
Until next time...
2 comments:
LOL. We just had to fix our garage and paid the guy $175 and he was done in 20 minutes. No joke.
I don't think I have ever laughed so hard! I was surprised by your tremendous blogging skills, since of course, I had set my expectations so low! They were greatly surpassed!
Post a Comment