"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What color is my neck?

I'll let you be the judge of that.

I am 12 weeks now. The magical number where I am supposed to quit puking and gagging all the time.... but guess what? The puking and gagging persist. But it has slowed a little so we're all thankful for that. We go back to the doc next week... but we won't find out the sex of the baby at that time... so everyone just hold your horses for a couple more months.

I'd like to reflect for a moment on my initial blog. I realized that in it, I used my LEAST favorite word in the English language... Panties. Can anyone else give me an AMEN to this? I know you can, Les. Not only does it make me cringe and make me feel dirty, but when I say it I feel like I have something icky in the back of my throat. I much prefer underwear, undergarments, undies. Anything but PANTIES! But I guess saying it and typing it are two very different things, because it really didn't phase me to type it. However, ask me sometime about one of my new favorite words.... it happens to be a variation on this super-yuck word.... introduced to me by our cousin Jenna Hooks. I will heed the advice of my mother who said "be careful what you share with the world wide web." Its just one of those things that not everyone will find as humorous to read about. :) I bet you're intrigued...

We have begun to discuss the nursery... I can only say that in our relationship opposites definitely attract. Kevin (who is apparently the girl in our relationship), likes cutie pie pastels and super babyfied looking things... if it is a girl. For a boy, he'd like to decorate the nursery to look like a giant duck blind and commission a painting of he and Beans for the wall of the nursery so it will be like he, Beans and Little Curley are duck hunting together every day! I like... everything else. But we agree on one thing and that is baby crap is EXPENSIVE and RIDICULOUS! I'll be keeping you posted on what I find... but I'm liking "Craigslist" brand and "the neighborhood garage sale" brand baby furniture. So email me pics of any furniture you are selling. If it matches "cutie pie central" or "ducks unlimited" maybe we'll work something out.

Keeping in the spirit of the title of this post, I'll leave you with this photo of Kevin's first ski trip! We were invited to go to Winter Park with the Vogts back in January (The heaviest snow I've ever skied in... but really GOOD TIMES!!)... he actually liked it and promised me we could go again. For anyone who doesn't know this about me... I'd rather be skiing. :) Doesn't he look fetching in his snow suit?

Les, please blog us your list of icky, least favorite words... (Leslie's are plentiful... check out her blog too... funnt)

Until next time...

5 comments:

your favorite oxymoron said...

correction--- panties is funnt when used in refrence to men's underwear!

Brandie said...

Technically your neck is tan in color. And, IMO, there are WAY worse words than panties in the English Dictionary. Seriously, you know which one I am thinking of =)

Giggle said...

My new favorite word: panty-_____. Oh, you wanted the least favorite - "cuddle". Just don't like the sound of it plus it's not funnt enough!

a: said...

discharge. discharge. discharge. i am not pregnant, but gagging at the word

betty cooper said...

I agree that men's panties is quite funnt. So, for the girls, pants is not okay and panties is not okay. What are we supposed to call them for ladies... undergarments? briefs?