So, I have a question. When someone leaves a blog comment that is a question or needs a response in some way, what is the most appropriate way to respond? Like on the Curley Fry posting, my friend Loree left a comment asking a very good vocabulary question! Some might say that all comments left on a blog posting are rhetorical and do not require a response. But, I feel bad not replying and ESPECIALLY not answering a question! So...
- Should I reply back in the comment section of the same posting?
- Should I reply in a separate posting that everyone will read?
- Should I reply in the comment section of the current posting on their blog? (What if they don't have a blog?)
- Should I email the person separately and answer their question or respond to their comment?
- Should I assume the question or comment is rhetorical or meant only to be funny and just leave it alone?
Until now, I have been practicing #5, but not a true believer in this practice. So for Loree's question, I did #3, but then decided she might be checking back on my blog for an answer so I also did #1. Then I decided to just ask the Curley blog reading world to answer my question. This is not a rhetorical question. Anyone with an opinion, please leave it! Pregnancy has caused me to obsess about things like this, and it also causes upsetting, crying outbursts if I don't get an answer.
Also, my cousin Hey Hey Hay has been asking for pregnancy pics, and she came up with a brilliant idea! I decided to post periodic belly pics of me in my MATERNITY SCRUBS! Brilliant! I love them! It will give me ANOTHER excuse to wear them and appease those who want to see my belly grow! Hayley, you're so smart! We can also see if these scrubs make it all the way to February... the lady at the shop assured me that the stretchy panels on the pants and top could take me ALL THE WAY! If they don't disintegrate from the daily washings first. Stay tuned for the first edition of the Big Belly Chronicles.
Later.
6 comments:
Ok, so I will admit, I wasn't sure of this either. When I first started blogging, Rachel (my sister-in-law) left me a comment and I replied in the comment section of that same post. She later told me that I did not respond CORRECTLY (hello, you don't tell an over-acheiver like me that I didn't do something perfectly correct :). So, every since then, I respond on their blog, in the comments section of the current post. So, #3...final answer.
Oh wait, if they don't have a blog, then #1 or # 4...just depends on the content of the response. Wow, this was tricky! :)
Very tricky question...I also don't like not acknowleging the question left in the comments. I like the idea of leaving the answer on the comments section of the same post...that way others can see your answer as well. Just my opinion.
By the way, I changed my blog's address to jetsandyarn.blogspot.com. The blog explains the change. Glad things are going well, and I can't wait for the belly pics!
Like Amanda, (who, by the way, I have never met -- which makes it strange that I would respond to a comment that she made in an internet conversation via your blog....) I, too, have changed the address of my blog. I've graduated from the immature days of xanga and grown up into a brand new blogger. Aren't you proud???
(PS: Will you change the link on your blog to the new one?)
(PPS: I agree, as well, with Amanda's opinion on the comment dilemma. :))
First of all, if it's me, yo momma, who has the question, you should pick up the phone and call to answer immediately. But otherwise I believe the correct "commentiquette" (not commetiquette) would be to answer in the comment section of your blog. Many fine citizens with good questions do not have blogs -- it's true! But those same fine citizens ask tremendously interesting questions so you should answer the question unless it's obvious that I'm just being witty and asking a rhetorical question. :-)
I agree with yo momma (who I love by the way!) You should leave the answer/comment on your blog so everyone else can read the answer... they may be wondering the same thing!
And if I want to be notified that you answered, I will ask that any follow-up comments be emailed to me in that little check box spot.
I don't know if anyone will come back to read this.... but majority rules! Sorry Loree. I guess I'll reply on my comment section. Thanks for everyone's input, and keeping me up to date on blog changes! Glad you guys are readers!! :)
Post a Comment