It's a GIRL!
I was NOT happy about being wrong, and less happy about Kevin being right... BUT, so VERY HAPPY about our baby girl!!!! !!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! !!! !!!!! (This is what my brain feels like... !!!!!) I can't believe it. I have never wanted 5 months of my life to go by so quickly before. We are trying to post a clip of our DVD of the little one, but it seems to be highly encrypted or something.... or we just don't know what we're doing... so we may not get to. But she is super active. I told Kevin that I felt her flipping around a couple of times last week, but even I didn't believe myself. The sonographer assured me that I WAS feeling her, she was impressed with her activity level and flippy-ness. Maybe she'll be the star of the 2024 Olympics! Or even earlier if we move to China and destroy all evidence of her real age/birthdate... such as this blog... I probably shouldn't get ahead of myself, because although I liked to flip around as a youngster too (and had a great time in gymnastics when I was little) the actual appearance of all my flipping was actually a whole lot more like flopping.... but with a very dramatic flare at the finish. I'll get you all a clip of this too.... again, I had FUN, and that's what matters in life. I didn't realize at the time that I should have been a little embarrassed. Life is easier that way!
Baby Curlette was standing straight up and sort of bouncing on my bladder... which I have also been feeling! She frustrated the sonographer (the one with a million years of experience) because she wouldn't cooperate for her to easily visualize all the organs, vessels and "parts." I'm betting on stubbornness vs. modesty.... a safe bet considering the gene pool.
We just want her to get here! I don't want to wish this time away.... but I am....... everyone says savor it and enjoy it and take it all in, but I just want to hold that baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most importantly.... her brain, heart, kidneys, stomach, aorta and other major arteries, lips, hands, feet, legs and spine all appear to be perfect. It was the most exhilarating feeling to hear those words and see the perfect little structures. Although I know our baby and our lives will not always be perfect, it surely was nice to hear at this stage. And it was not lost on us that many parents don't get to hear those magical words. For those moments, thanks be to God alone. We were thankful, grateful and humbled in that room yesterday. Our baby girl was created just as each of us with many gifts and "perfect imperfections." We can't wait to see all of hers as she grows up!!
More to come.... You people are going to get sick of me! Oh..... and the crying..... worse than EVER! (like trying to type the paragraph above) I'll elaborate more. I realize that I state things like this all the time... Master of the obvious. Like anyone doesn't think I'll elaborate.... I am the biggest elaborator of them all! But at least I have a little self-awareness. I do know that Kevin, for instance, will not have read this entire entry.... he "scans" because "you just write sooooo much Abby." But, I also know that when he "scans" and sees his name he will go back and read the whole thing and make sure that there is nothing that will shame him more than the stories I've already told about bodily fluids.
14 comments:
It is not fair for you to post a blog entry on Monday saying you're finding out the baby's sex on Tuesday afternoon and then not post the result until late Wednesday night! You made me check your blog about a hundred times waiting!!!! I am so excited for you, Kevin and your baby girl!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on having a sweet baby girl soon. This time will fly, do cherish every moment she is in your belly. You will miss that the moment she is here.
Congrats!! We are so excited for you!! Another precious baby in the "Baller BFG" group!! We can't wait to meet her. I will agree with Shay...I checked your blog about 100 times too!!--Laura
I can't wait to see what little Curlette looks like! Also? I'm going to need to see some gymnastics footage of her mother as soon as possible.
I am so excited there will be another girl for Kate to play with!!!
We are sooooo excited!! I still like COOPER!!! I can't wait to meet her!
CONGRATULATIONS...little girls are fun!
Congrats on the baby girl!! I'm so excited for you!
YAY a baby girl! Congratulations! :)
AWWWW! My first was a girl too...but you already know that. Can I have a wreck the day she's born? Can I come to the hospital? I am so proud of you!
Heck of a blogger? I haven't blogged since April. But reading yours is fun. I envy you... having your first baby. You have a whole lifetime of joy ahead of you. Enjoy every moment!
Yes, it has gone by so fast. It really justs make me want to cry...bad! I had a question for you about my blog, but I was already rambling too much....but is snuck really a word, I mean I know we say it, but is it slang? It sounded right, but looked wrong when I typed it and looked even worse to read it.
Also, I know you tagged me to do the quirk off, but I've been kind of busy. I worked 60 hours in the past week and a half at my PART TIME job. I still plan to do it though...soon. Wow, that was a long message...sorry! :)
One more thing...I know I could google that answer, but it is wayyy more fun to ask a fellow dork! :)
Loree - I have decided that snuck IS a word. :) I didn't look it up... I just looked deep inside myself and my love of interesting vocabulary... it can not be sneaked, and would not be snake or snook or snoke... so SNUCK it is! I need to use this word more often. I am liking it more all the time!
Post a Comment