"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Monday, September 8, 2008

Twinkle twinkle in-a-cup!

I’m growing incredibly impatient!! So impatient that on Sunday I just went ahead and did the Drano-pee-test, a mere 2 days before we finally find out the gender of the baby! So impatient that even though the only kind of Drano my grocery store carried was Drano Max GEL, I tried the test out anyway. Kevin tried to convince me that this was in vain, and I guess he was right. What we were looking for, according to the legend of the Drano... was BROWN or GREEN = BOY and RED or ANY OTHER COLOR = GIRL. Based solely on visualizing the specimen (and feeling the outside of the cup) what we created was very similar to warm beer! As you can see, I was exasperated! This is my "I-have-no-make-up-on-and-I'm-tired-and-I-just-can't-wait-any-longer-to-find-out-what-we're-having-and-I'm-exasperated-about-the-outcome-of-this-test-since-I-could-only-find-Drano-Max-Gel" face.

So, what did I do?? I went to visit my good friend Tom Thumb after work today in search of more Drano..... the real deal.... Not the fancy stuff. When I get home, Kevin was wondering why we needed to spend the additional $8 when we were going to find out FOR REAL tomorrow!! Less than 18 hours!! I can't explain it.... but I was compelled.... and again, slightly disappointed. As you can see... as I mixed the substrate and the catalyst (is that right?) we witnessed a slightly more dramatic bubbling.... and a BAD ODOR being emitted from the cup.... but NO color change - again! So either 1. this test is CRAP and doesn't work OR 2. I did the test wrong OR 3. the "any other color" rule means we're having a girl and I have been wrong about boy all along and I already feel like a bad mother. :( (Sad face not related to having a girl.... just to being wrong)

We'll soon know! I hope we have a cooperative, immodest little Curley who doesn't mind showing us his/her goodies this one time.... about 2-ish on Tuesday 9/9. You can be sure we'll show you too!

I've just been informed by my husband of the following information "Babe...no one wants to see your pee! Just like no one wants to hear about your stool softeners." I say.... I'm not forcing ANYONE to read this! And maybe some people do wanna know this stuff! I've decanted more urine in my life than most of you can imagine... pee is just not a big deal, and if I've offended anyone with the pic of my pee... well, you can just join Kevin's team... but I'm warning you, its a team that has less fun in life than my team. :) PLUS, I love science!!
Also -- Miss Refried Jumping Beans Curley had her first taste of Refried Beans yesterday! She LOVES raw green beans and baked beans with brown sugar.... but this was her first taste of her namesake. Its her favorite new food... this is the spoon we save for our special guests!

Stay tuned on Wednesday for the big news! Later!

3 comments:

Brandie said...

Why must we wait until Tuesday for the gender announcement? You really should tell us later today, after all we did see your little pee-pee experiment! Can I get an AMEN people?!

Tell Kevin to shhh. Women and mothers no longer care about seeing someone elses pee. We've worn our childrens pee, among other horrible disgusting things, seeing yours in a cup isnt a big deal really.

Giggle said...

Now that you have all the Draino - no need to worry about collecting the hairballs!

betty cooper said...

I still think your face is too thin for a boy to be in there percolating, but I'm willing to be wrong. It sure won't be the first time. And I can learn about boy babies right along with you. This is exciting!!