Tomorrow I will be 19 weeks! Baby Curlette will be here before we know it! My mind just swirls thinking about how everything is about to change forever! I can't wait though! I think she will fit in nicely with our little family. Here we are on our way to go fishing. Kevin will soon be WAY out-numbered by females. What will he do? At least we took care of Beans' raging hormones,
but if what we've experienced already while I've been carrying this little girl is any indication about our future.... I have a feeling Kevin will soon be calming the hormonal tears and outbursts of not only his wife, but of his precious daughter as well. It is building his character... I'm sure of it. :) Kevin came home from Bass Pro Shops with a tiny camouflage bib! It is the cutest thing I think I've ever seen! Except for the little red dress I bought for our baby girl... it is perfect! I'm obsessed! I can't think of anything else. In fact I hope none of my bosses read this because I am just going to go ahead and admit that everything at work has taken a seat way in the back, behind all of my daydreaming and talking about my baby girl. I've even written her a letter, and I have dreams about her! Anyone who is sick and tired of me, just walk away... I promise I won't be offended, I probably won't even notice, I'll just keep talking!
A couple of weeks ago I bought my first maternity top. I ordered it online and it came in the mail. Here's a pic, except mine is a plum color. Isn't it cute? I was sure that I was going to be so
super cute in it just like this girl? But I put it on and it looks like I'm wearing a purple circus tent! So I decided it was too early and put it in the closet, but then about a week later (early last week), I began to slowly freak out little by little. I couldn't STAND to have anything touching my belly! One day at work I was wearing these big pants (already a size too big and very baggy looking) and by the end of the day after having them hanging below my gut and then trying to pull them up under my chin, I actually had to just unbutton and unzip my pants and just hold them together. So I left that day on a missi
on to find some pants I could wear without having to use both hands just to keep from shining my hiney all over the place. And what I found was a gift from GOD! MATERNITY SCRUBS! Most of the time I do not have to wear scrubs at work, but some days I do, and I have decided that I may just wear them every single day until I deliver... and maybe home from the hospital and for the rest of my life too! THEY FEEL SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD! Why didn't someone tell me? Why doesn't every human being wear these all the time? So from now on whenever you see me, at church or at work or around town or out in the yard or at the symphony.... I'll be wearing these exquisite garments! Remember on "Friends" when Joey wore Phoebe's maternity pants as his "thanksgiving pants?" I have found my very own Thanksgiving pants! I think I might get Kevin some too! We could always use them at the holidays!
super cute in it just like this girl? But I put it on and it looks like I'm wearing a purple circus tent! So I decided it was too early and put it in the closet, but then about a week later (early last week), I began to slowly freak out little by little. I couldn't STAND to have anything touching my belly! One day at work I was wearing these big pants (already a size too big and very baggy looking) and by the end of the day after having them hanging below my gut and then trying to pull them up under my chin, I actually had to just unbutton and unzip my pants and just hold them together. So I left that day on a missi
on to find some pants I could wear without having to use both hands just to keep from shining my hiney all over the place. And what I found was a gift from GOD! MATERNITY SCRUBS! Most of the time I do not have to wear scrubs at work, but some days I do, and I have decided that I may just wear them every single day until I deliver... and maybe home from the hospital and for the rest of my life too! THEY FEEL SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD! Why didn't someone tell me? Why doesn't every human being wear these all the time? So from now on whenever you see me, at church or at work or around town or out in the yard or at the symphony.... I'll be wearing these exquisite garments! Remember on "Friends" when Joey wore Phoebe's maternity pants as his "thanksgiving pants?" I have found my very own Thanksgiving pants! I think I might get Kevin some too! We could always use them at the holidays! Last thing... Many of you know my sister, and those who do might categorize her as one interesting character. I was getting on to her the other day for not answering my quirk off challenge when she said to me "I just don't think I am very quirky... I need some help with it." This is the same sister, who at age 30, had to bury her 20 year old pet snake and decided to fill the loss in her heart and home by buying 6 poison dart tree frogs on the internet.... which were delivered to her by mail. The same sister who has to get 3 different drinks every time she stops at Sonic. (She has a "reasonable" explanation for this, I'll let her explain) The same sister who takes ALL night to open a gift-wrapped box because she doesn't want to tear the paper. ( I know you are all thinking about people you know who do this, but do any of those people STILL HAVE pieces of their favorite wrapping paper from their childhood gifts 20-25 years later?) The same sister who used to chew Extra Gum (Spearmint -- you know the booger-green-colored one?) and each day she would take out her piece of neon green gum and stick it on an index card and then write the date on the card what she did that day.... she had a cabinet full of these, until my mom found them. The same sister who will stop in the middle of the rural highway in the dark to "rescue" a renegade cow standing in the middle of the road. The same sister who has a collection of stolen rocks on the floorboard of her car because they "look cool." The same sister who, when ordering just for herself at Chick-fil-a, asks for 9 packets of honey, and will refuse anything less. I'm just saying... a little self-awareness goes a long way, Les. I could go on all day! So whenever you're ready. Actually several of you people did not answer the challenge..... GET TO WORK!
6 comments:
You've come out from hiding!! YEAH!!! I can totally see your excitement and smiling face when you talk about that sweet baby. How great is that? Never heard of maternity scrubs, but I imagine they are heavenly.
I cannot wait to see little Curleygirl "nail the landing" like her mother always did!
And I agree with you that your sister is not only quirky, I'd have to say uber-quirky!! Maybe I was impregnated by a Martian or something. gotta love her any way.
Ok I need to see some prego pictures!!! You can even wear your maternity scrubs.
Just when I think you can't get funnier, you DO...granted it was at your sister's expense (I seriously have to meet her one day :) but it was greatness. Thanks for the feedback...I agree, snuck is a cool word. And did you get my other message, I'm going to do the quirk off, just haven't had a chance yet (I would say that I can't think of anything quirky about me but I'm afraid of the response I might get :)!!!
Mark says "what about the costume trunk?"
Amanda - go and read Leslie's blog... she did include the costume closet! And there are so many more you wouldn't believe.
Post a Comment