"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Monday, September 1, 2008

BEEF baby

Everyone said it would just happen one day! I think it finally has! I started "showing" today. (So fitting that it happened on Labor Day, to remind me that this thing, I mean this baby, is going to get REALLY BIG and my own personal LABOR day will not be parades and snow cones and water sports.) My concern now is that I'm getting excited for nothing, because this new shape to my tummy could very well be due to the TWO prime rib dinners I had this weekend.... or the GIANT piece of chocolate cake, or the wedding cake or the focaccia or the lasagna al forno.... so... we'll have to see how it holds up.
*
Today is 16 weeks, 1 day. Maybe you can surmise from the intro that I've been feeling a little better. I hated to blog about it before now, because I didn't want to jinx it. Here's what happened. One night I decided to take my prenatal vitamin early in the evening. (Rather than at bedtime like my doc told me to do.) And about 20/30 min later I was sooooooo siiiiiiiiiick... all evening and the next day as usual. And it occurred to me... early in the process, I had tried several of the different vitamin samples from my doctor and settled on this one for its claim of "stool softening" properties... can't go wrong there right? I mean everyone says this is going to be a BIG problem, so I decided to get a jump on it. Now I suspected this pill was my problem, and the next evening I took a different vitamin, and it has been a world of difference ever since! I have had a couple of moments of nausea, but NOTHING like it had been. I try not to think about the fact that all this misery was ALL because of those stupid vitamins the whole time.... Then one of my close friends at work tells me "I don't know why I didn't think to tell you that! The same thing happened to me!!" :-(
*
So all the info says I should be having fewer mood swings now. But if I see that Sarah McLachlan/SPCA commercial one more time with that poor one-eyed, shivering puppy, I'm gonna adopt something! I don't think I've had MANY mood swings lately (ask Kevin for his version of the truth though) but I have to say, at least all the crying now has a point! Although its making everyday life (like listening to music or watching movies or day-dreaming about anything) more difficult, at least I can now say I'm crying about SOMETHING!
*
My whole family went to a wedding this weekend. We're at the table with old friends we hardly ever see and the STUPID father daughter dance is all about "I loved her first..." or something ridiculous like that and I'm quietly blubbering to myself with my face semi-covered trying to control it and my mom and sister say "ARE YOU CRYING????" And everyone turns and laughs and pities me and now I'm slightly hysterical and laugh-crying. And my sweet, silly dad comes over and says "I loved you first." AAAAAAAAAH!! Stop it people! Don't you know I'm FRAGILE! I excused myself and re-gained control. I guess I'll be ok, as long as I don't take anything too seriously for the next few months. I shouldn't be in much danger. :-)
*
Miss Beans ate a plate on Saturday night while we were at the wedding. It was a paper plate that her dad hastily took outside with her dinner on it. You see, we were running a tad late because I had decided to do some last minute shopping and came home to try something on for him. (ok, so my judgment is seriously impaired by this pregnancy... not my shopping judgment, it is getting better... as evidenced by deciding at 3 pm to drive 30 minutes to a shopping center for an outfit to wear to a wedding in Dallas at 6 pm... and the things I came home with were VERY CUTE... I was efficient and found some GREAT deals -thanks Jennifer- ....but then I came home and asked Kevin to give me HIS opinion?? What's wrong with me?) I would have known simply by the look on his face that he did not approve of my first choice, but he insisted on elaborating about the "HUGE ZEBRA CAPE" I was wearing. Does it surprise you that I did not cry? I didn't! So with my second choice dress on, we're headed to the car and Kevin takes Beans and her dinner outside to Bean Arena (where she stays while we're out). When we got home, she'd eaten all her dinner and the plate too. She'll be fine though... She doesn't look sick to me... I promise everyone, if my baby eats a whole plate, I'll take action. But Beans has eaten much worse.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm scared it's too late to call you back right now... I'll call you tomorrow so we can get together.

Brandie said...

You are quite humerous!! I cant wait to see your belly =)

betty cooper said...

this reminds me of an old song.
Beef baby, beef baby
give me your hand
give me something that I can remember
beef baby, beef baby
from July to the end of September.
Oh, wait! that was beach baby.
love the sexy photo from Lawry's!!