"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Monday, November 1, 2010

a turkey and... dressing

So the Curley family entry in this year's Pumpkin Carving Contest was less than impressive. We just didn't have it in us this year. On our way out the door (LATE, thanks to a Saturday afternoon family nap) I grabbed a pumpkin and some turkey parts off the breakfast table and asked Kevin to throw an arrow in the car so we could go to the party. Our entry wasn't spectacular, but it was original... Thanksgiving DinnerBut it did win 3rd place in the props category! Here are some of the other, more impressive entries:

Octo-mom and Babies
The Pumpkin Pie Factory
Pumpkittin (with real live goldfish in his belly!)



Duck or Goose?

The Whole World in His Hands
PacMan (And Galaga on the back) -- My favorite of the night


Scary punk-uhs (Leah kept saying "teeth??" to the guy on the bottom of the picture)


Chilean Miners

Freestyle and Freehand (The Alamo looked awesome up close)


Check out the comb...




After the carving, Leah had some other activities to get to.... like bouncing!

Making music...


Heavy drinking...

Mommy is fixing Leah's first S'MORES! She was giddy when she saw the chocolate.
Leah's friend Ella, just 3 weeks older. Click here to see the girls at the same party for the last 2 years.
Visiting with the pups. These doggies are Beans' sisters, Dixie (brown) and Bella (yellow)
Leah hopped up on this chair to have her picture made with a scary punk-uh.....Notice anything weird about her boots? THEY ARE ON THE WRONG FEET! I didn't notice until looking at the pictures. Who dresses that girl??

3 comments:

Giggle said...

Leah-Punkinhead is stylish - boots on the wrong feet may very well be the next fad!

Lainey-Paney said...

I just love looking at these!
I think that the kitten with the goldfish is great, but I really like the Chilean Miners too!

I bet y'all have so much fun doing that....

bibee said...

It's hilarious that Leah always has a wardrobe change handy for these photo shoots! Those wrong feet boots will probably keep her from being pigeon-toed like her parents :-)