But she's only 21 months old!! When do I have to stop counting in months? I was fine with saying she was 1, but now she's almost 2 so it feels like a lie to say she's 1. And I can't bare saying she's almost 2!! I heard a mom the other day say her son was 31 months. I thought she was a little weird for doing that... plus I had a really hard time with the math it took to decide how old he was.
"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
pig tails
Kevin and I think she looks so old with her piggy tails.
But she's only 21 months old!! When do I have to stop counting in months? I was fine with saying she was 1, but now she's almost 2 so it feels like a lie to say she's 1. And I can't bare saying she's almost 2!! I heard a mom the other day say her son was 31 months. I thought she was a little weird for doing that... plus I had a really hard time with the math it took to decide how old he was.
I feel like 21 months is still reasonable to tell people... but I do find myself wondering if the receiver of the information is having a hard time with math that day, like I sometimes do... so sometimes I opt for "one and a half." (also a lie) Wow... do I sound neurotic or what? 
But she's only 21 months old!! When do I have to stop counting in months? I was fine with saying she was 1, but now she's almost 2 so it feels like a lie to say she's 1. And I can't bare saying she's almost 2!! I heard a mom the other day say her son was 31 months. I thought she was a little weird for doing that... plus I had a really hard time with the math it took to decide how old he was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
have you noticed how every age and stage is the best, cutest, most fun, etc.? you loved NorthPark from the very start. I love that funny picture with the banana standing upright and the angle that makes that cup of milk look bigger than her head . . . no wonder she looks scared!
I stopped counting in months after 20. People start looking at you funny when you say 23 months and stuff. It's just easier to round up and not get the strange looks from the math challenged out there :).
You do not sound neurotic at all! I did the same exact thing. I think it's okay to count in months until 2, but definitely after that, it's only years. In fact, I've found most people don't really care how old she is, they're just asking for the sake of conversation.
But yes, even now, I would start in with the "she's almost two." And try not to cry when you say it.
Oh, I forgot to mention her pigtails.
LOVE.THEM.
Post a Comment