"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yes, I do!

A few weeks ago Leah suddenly began spewing forth complete sentences.

Her first one of consequence was "I want more ca-cas (crackers) peease, yes, I do!"

You can imagine our surprise since all we'd ever heard was 2-word combos.

Other notable sentences lately have been:

  • "No, I wanna weed book mommy, yes, I do!"

  • "I'm a naked Baby!" (this is at bath time or anytime she takes off an article of clothing)

  • "I want more juice peease, yes, I do!"

  • "I want more (insert any food or beverage here) peease, yes, I do!"

One of my favorites was one morning when we were playing with Beans and she said "I wuv you, Beah!" This was her first proclamation of love to another. She will not say "I love you" to anyone else. Only Beans. The other day at the mall I got her to say it on video.



Tonight when daddy came home she said "Daddy's here, Mommy's here, Leah's here, Beah's here!"

The casual bystander may not understand her language right off the bat... but if you hang around long enough you too will begin to think that L's and R's are totally overrated.

No comments: