I only work as a nurse part time since becoming a mom (and sometimes I feel like I'm too busy to work my 4-8 hours a week!) In fact, I work so few hours that I get paid in pennies, nickels and free immunizations. So last week Leah and I went up to the hospital to get my annual free flu shot and then we stopped by to see my friends from work.
Then we ran some other errands. Most importantly, we met Daddy for lunch at the Black Eyed Pea. How come only people of a certain age seem to like many of our favorites like "the Pea" and Luby's? The Curley's and the elderly... Anyway, Leah put her menu on her head and asked daddy to make her a hat... so he did. She was so still and so pleased with that hat on her head.
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting to have lunch with Daddy!!!
On the way home she did this almost the entire way. Is it my singing, Leah?
6 comments:
I LOVE Luby's...and we think black eyed pea is pretty good too!
Oh girl, I LOVE the Black Eyed Pea. My absolute favorite thing to order there is the baked squash....at about 5:30. I too am elderly at heart.
Don't go thinking you're the only cool cat who can put back some Black Eyed Pea (or Luby's, for that matter). McKinney was previously home to both restaurants, and I may or may not have shed a tear when they were replaced by Hooters and Panda Buffet, respectively. Luckily, both are within minutes of my office here in Plano, so I still get to partake on occasion.
Oh Abby... this pregnant girl used to love Lubys til she became withchild again... now it makes me want to hurl... but, I'm glad yall like it! :)
I'm laughing so hard right now!
My husband & I ate at the Black Eyed Pea not too long ago, and we were commenting on the same thing! We were definitely the youngest in there!
{Oh, and we used to get Luby's To Go so that we wouldn't have to be the youngest in their dining room.... Just so you know--Luby's To Go is the bomb!}
LOVE Miss Leah's outfit!! Too cute! I forgot to post on this a LONG time ago, but I'm totally with you on the parking lot and parking close to the cart return. With 2 babies, I can't go to Market Street b/c there is no cart return!! Ugh!
Post a Comment