"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank you God for Fall...

The horribly oppressive heat and humidity of this summer did not bring out my grateful side... but now that Fall is here and my chronic heat stroke is resolving, Leah and I walk around thanking God for everything He has made.


Thank you God for grass, trees, ponds (and the men who made this particular pond near our house) and ducks.Thank you God for bread to feed the ducks... or to eat... even though it was stale, then frozen, then thawed....
Thank you God for Daddy.
After we fed the ducks all of our stale bread... we did a little playin'
Swinging was ok....
Playing in the tubes was cool...

But sliding was where it was at! She started at the regular old slide, then moved to the taller one, and finally mastered the giant twisty slide!
I have tried to convince Leah that she doesn't have to say "Cheese" when she sees a camera or when I ask her for a smile. Because this is what I get and I already have plenty of these cheesy, crooked, jutting-lower-jaw pictures of her. But I keep getting more!
Ready, Set, GO!! Static!!
That hair is a result of her lightning fast speed as she came down the twisty slide... no less than 35 times. :) Thank you God, for allowing us to take care of this sweet girl of Yours!

1 comment:

Bibbee said...

thank you God for Leah, for a little hand around my finger and a tug around my heart.