"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Friday, October 29, 2010

feels like fall

Finally! Today, on 10/29, it finally feels like fall. But when we visited the arboretum last week to see the all the punk-uhs... it was a balmy 80 degrees before 10 am!!
Sweet girl. Her Grannie/Giggle calls her Punkin-head.
I see now that the skirt is a little too short... but just look at that face!
Cheesy grin...
She climbed immediately on the "baby" deer and then wanted up on "daddy" too.
Aunt Leslie took all the pretty pictures as usual.
And I think she looks an awful lot like her Aunt Les in this pic below...
Leah-sized punk-uhs.
I took the picture below just after I changed Leah's diaper. Remarkable only because I put her in a size 1 diaper that I begged off another mother who had a huge diaper bag and a child that looked about Leah's size. I didn't realize that she had an infant also. So when I told her I was a horrible mother and had forgotten to bring a diaper in, she laughed, said she's done the same thing before, and reached in and retrieved an infant-sized diaper and handed it to me. Leah wasn't right there with me and I didn't have the heart to ask the girl if she had a larger size, so I ran off to put Leah's little booty in the size 1...
She didn't seem to mind.

2 comments:

Giggle said...

Now that she knows what a 'punk-uh' is, she gives me a funny look when I call her Punkinhead!

GiggleGiggleGiggle

Brandie said...

She is so so cute!