"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Friday, August 13, 2010

Friends: Real, not sit-com version

A friend is one to whom one may pour out the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
-George Eliot

I heard this quote in a sermon a while back and it moved me so much as a perfect description of my dearest friendships. Real friends are so rare. If you don't have a friend that fits this description... you are missing out. Ask God to send you one. I'm serious! He will! And you'll wonder why you didn't ask for it sooner. There's my unsolicited advice for the day. :)

Thank you to my real friends. (Especially Brandie who inspired this post.) Why I've been so blessed to have you I don't know... it is certainly not because I deserve you. There aren't enough exc!amation marks in the whole world to express how much I love you. I'm grateful to God for you and I'm truly humbled by your friendship.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Great quote! I love you too!!