"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bibbity Bobbity Boop

Today is Bibby's Birthday! Yes, we thought her name was Bitty, but it turns out it might be Bibby or BB or even Bobbie! Whatever Leah decides will be just fine with this lady though. :)

This is a BIG birthday for Bibby! I won't say how big... learned that lesson a while back... but I will tell you one more time that it's a BIG one! Way back before I learned my lesson I might have said something like this: "Look at her! WOULD you believe she was __ years old???" or maybe "Doesn't she look great for __ years old!!" I think its a compliment.... if I look half as good as she does when I get there, I won't mind at all if Leah goes around telling my age all over the internet. :) Oh, and she's not just a pretty face. She's sweet and fun and spunky (some say a little crazy, but not me) too! She's often been referred to as "the life of the party" and one of her favorite pastimes is trying to embarrass us by dancing in public places... where there are no dance floors. Thanks to her though, its really tough to embarrass me anymore. (On this particular day Leah piled all her favorite things in the house on to her purple chair and then sat on them!)

If you are a loyal enough reader to actually read this entire post and know a little bit about it's writer... you may utilize the the following helpful information in whatever way you see fit. My mom and I were both born in the first year of our decade. Nice round birth years. And we both had our first babies when we were 28. I KNOW! CAN YOU BELIEVE SHE'S THAT OLD?!?! :) Ha! I know mom, what goes around comes around... and I better get ready. I love you! Happy Birthday to my favorite mom!

2 comments:

Leah's dear old grandmother said...

thanks for the birthday honorarium post, Abby. I love the picture in the purple chair -- it's great to be considered one of Leah's favorite things. Now, regarding your math skills...I was 27 when Leslie was born in March of 1978. Didn't turn 28 until August!! So I don't know if you'll really be able to pull off looking quite this good when Leah turns 32 after all. Seriously now, I feel blessed to have made it 60 years and still be able to tote my little bundle of joy around and play in the sprinkler with her and get down on the floor and play choo-choo with her. Life is Good!!

Giggle said...

Happy Birthday, Bitty!! You add that little extra spice to all of our lives - yes, life is good! Enjoy your day.