I was NOT going to get sick this winter while being pregnant! I have been washing my hands like crazy, eating right (mostly), taking vitamins, drinking water, thinking positive thoughts, staying away from sick people.... oops except for ALL the sick people in my family over Thanksgiving, and all the sick people who walk around in the hospital and clinics where I work. Hmmmmm. My mom has always told me the road to hell is paved with good intentions.....
The road to hell probably has a bunch of thieves on it too... I am now officially a criminal. (speeding tickets don't count... right?) Kevin and I are both sick and on the way home from the doctor's office tonight we stopped at CVS to get some medicine. I picked up some Ricola sugar free cough drops and we walked back to the pharmacy counter where they keep the "controlled substances" that we needed. Kevin swiped his Driver's License that is required to get any of the good stuff (pseudoephedrine HCL) and signed his name on the contract that stated he would not be using the medicine to make methamphetamines. He paid for the stuff in his hands, and we walked out. When I got home I picked up my cough drops and realized I had just STOLEN them from CVS! I'm so embarrassed! I will go back and pay.... it was $2.49, so probably a misdemeanor right? But why did no one stop me? Kevin said I would have been even more embarrassed if someone had stopped me, but I would rather have been called out (and blamed it on being sick and pregnant) than have to go back in a second time and explain it....
I'm tired, don't feel good and a little grouchy about it all... so that's all for now. One last thing... my criminal offense caused me to have to put this cartoon in. My mom also always says "Ass is not a bad word... it's in the Bible!" Love ya mom!
6 comments:
So funny. And you must be way more honest than I because I probably wouldn't go back and pay for them. Hope you feel better soon.
Haha, thats funny! You are such a criminal. I stole a cheese stick once keeping my 18 month old happy in Kroger (Cameron). I forgot to pay for it and went back and asked to pay the $.20. They laughed at me and refused to charge me. Maybe you'll get the same kind of luck!
(Sorry, I noticed an error, and just couldn't leave it... That's why it says I deleted my previous comment.)
Oh my goodness... I was at Walmart at 10:00 last night buying Christmas lights for the Smith Family Tree, because the one we bought this year is WAY bigger and WAY better than last year's, and I didn't realize til I got home that our lights only covered a THIRD of our tree... ! Anyways.
So I saw a guy walk up to the self-checkout and toss his Kleenex and Ricola into the shopping bag BEFORE he payed for them.... He was sneaky though, becuase then he payed for his frozen pizza and proceeded to check out.
If I were as ethical as you are, I would've turned him in...
I didn't see if he got away with it, though. So let's all hope his conscience got the better of him and he went back to pay...???
Here's hoping. :)
Maybe they figured you were stealing a basketball under your shirt so cough drops didn't matter either!
I'll be over today to march you right back in to the CVS and make you pay with your allowance, apologize to the manager and then no tv for a week.
Oh, I love the cartoon!!!!
Post a Comment