We had to hop a quick flight to Houston last weekend for Kevin's company Christmas party. On the plane on the way there my hands started to feel just a little bit "overweight." Like after the holidays when you try to put your before-the-holidays-pants on and everything bulges over the top and you say you must have accidentally washed them in hot water... Well, that's how my poor fingers felt about their rings (wedding and Aggie). But it resolved fairly quickly that night and then it happened again on Sunday's flight home. But no more problems after we got home.
Then... after a few good meals in a row made up of hot wings, more hot wings (the baby girl is really craving alot of hot wings), french fries and then chicken nachos followed by baby-shower-cake.... I began to feel this amazing stinging and burning pain in my tootsies this afternoon. I'm so dense that I thought for a moment that I must have put my shoes on the wrong feet! Why is THIS the first thing to pop into my head? I have NEVER done that! It doesn't even make sense! I really thought it must be the shoes. It never occurred to me that it would be due to my sudden Gigantism disorder. I finally took my shoes off when I couldn't take it any more and my feet looked like they were getting ready to burst open at the seams. (the seams, that is, of my little trouser socks which had made these deep indentations all over my poor tired dogs) Man... it really hurts! So... I'm gonna actually have to start eating right again. I mean, I haven't been that bad (until these last few meals) but I ain't been real good. I know better and I should have been eating a little healthier all along, but when for 3 months all you CAN eat are Bean and Cheese burritos and Jolly Ranchers... it makes you so excited to be able to eat everything again... I mean everything... and a side of wing sauce please!
2 comments:
We get a picture of the allergic reaction and the swollen eyes and you dont take a picture of the gigantism? Come on.... be fair! No really, take care of yourself. Maybe all that is is just a sign that you need to REST!
You don't really seem to get the "milk it for all it's worth, make the most of these few months because it's the last time for a while you can stop and put your feet up and get sympathy and not feel guilty about it" part of pregnancy. Water and vegetables -- no more wings!
Post a Comment