Apparently I took a little break from blogging... I didn't even notice so much time has gone by! A few noteworthy things have happened in the last couple of weeks!
1. While cleaning my house last weekend... I found a cheerio... while changing my sheets. It was down between the mattress and the headboard. I admit that I DO eat cheerios! One of my favorite breakfast treats! But NOT in BED! Gross! So, this means that I must have walked around for some length of time with a cheerio on my face or in my hair or on my clothes before it fell off... in bed. So it was yet another indicator that I am definitely a "mom." Right? I mean we have all seen the frazzled mommies with weird cereal pieces or suckers stuck to them... but usually they have like 3 or 4 little ones they are running around after, and everyone completely forgives it. My child isn't even born yet? What is my excuse? I'm just a pregnant slob!!
2. Baby girl Curley demonstrated her love of music... alot like her mom! She is soothed and calmed by it mostly... when she is very active and I turn any kind of music on, she seems to stop (and listen I think) and fall off to sleep for a minute. But for the first time she really jammed out like her momma. We were in the car and a song came on that is quite possibly the GREATEST song of the 1990's and we rocked out to 4 Non Blonds "What's Up." I think she was playing a little air drum as well as doing a little headbanging and lead air guitar. It is one of those songs that just does it to you... you can't help but get worked up when it comes on... and then you sing it.... for days and days after that. And if you don't know the song well, here is a link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXcQGsoDkDk Listen and you might understand why my version of this song, while it is an excellent impression, might drive my husband a little crazy and cause Beans to look at me crooked. I hope my little girl shares my taste for ALL kinds of good music and enjoys singing it from the top of her lungs as much as I do. (Kevin hopes she doesn't)
3. The baby took her first trip to Aggieland! Kevin had some work in Bryan so we took a tiny trip. We got to see cousin Brad (who will graduate in May)... and Professor Houghton! (My very good friend Stephanie from high school completed her PhD in Economics and is now an AGGIE PROFESSOR! Hard to believe!) And Little Curley had her first taste of Wings-n-More..... mmmmmm..... She loved it. I've been craving this for years now and Stephanie and Adam met us there for dinner! What a yummy, prefect way to end our quick trip! Kevin and I wondered if it would be as good as we remembered it... it was... better maybe. I guarantee this will be the first of many trips for our little Curley. (To Aggieland and Wings-n-More)
I know there are VERY FEW people on earth who care anything about the stuff I have written about today... but if you are one, I wrote this for you. And thanks for reading. :)
Last thing... Can someone please tell me how to put music on my blog? I just want a song list that people could click on to hear one or two of my favorites if they want. (Like 4 Non Blonds) But this seems difficult for me for some reason. :)
6 comments:
hey abby,
if you go to my blog and click on the bottom (or top?) - wherever it says click here - of the music list, it will link you to the site to make your own. Then it will give you the info to plug into your blog template:) Good luck!
Welcome back to the blogging world, missed ya! Glad to hear that sweet baby girl loves music. I have been meaning to blog about Colton nabbing Cameron's iPod and his listening at all 12 Metallica songs and falling asleep in my lap. Yes, Metallica soothes my alomst 4 yr old to sleep. Wonder where he acquired his music taste from?
I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed... and I wake in the morning... and I scream from the top of my lungs "What's going on?"
I love you and your love for good 90's music! You know that is the only song I have ever sung in a karaoke bar. In Belgium.
Whatever that means!!!
love that baby curley has inherited a love of music and rocking. I've always liked the song, but wondered why is wasn't called "what's goin on?" instead of "what's up". and I say heeeyyy yaaaaayy!
I scream at the top of my lungs in my sleep ..and often wonder what's going on .... Didn't know there was a song about it tho ...
Shannon
if Carole's blog didn't work, go to mine and click on "get your own free hypester.com playlist" make the list then cut and paste it to your title page as a java script. If I can do it, anybody can! (I will say it took me HOURS to figure it out, though)
Post a Comment