"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thumb Check

We know what color my neck is, thanks to my dear husband's influence. Let's see what color my thumb is!

The garden plot was just a grass-covered part of our yard. I dug up the grass (the hardest part of the whole thing) and then turned in a little added top soil after I laid the stones down.

We are outside ALOT lately, but Leah's record has been speding 4 straight hours in the garden with me while we planted. I was impressed with her stamina.

Leah helped me plant all the seeds... which will explain some of the funny places things are sprouting up, and why there are about 27 okra plants bunched up together. But we had a ball!

5/4/11 - after our marathon of planting


We planted yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, okra, carrots, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupe, bell peppers and jalapeno peppers. Our garden plot isn't quite large enough for all this... but I got carried away. We'll see what happens!


5/9/11 - less than 5 days later... we have SPROUTS!!!
Pointing at an okra sprout...



Green bean sprouts (I think)


Only the cantaloupes, carrots and bell peppers hadn't sprouted that day... we had a GREAT sense of satisfaction. Look at my little smiling sprout. :)
5/12/11 - And only 8 days after the seeds were planted..... It looks like a real garden!! Only everything is way too close together.


Leah would rather be outside than just about anywhere. She LOVES the garden and is always saying "I want to go work in the garden" or "I want to go check on my beggibles." When it rains she says "Thank you God for giving my beggibels a niiiiiiice drink."


I'll post a current pic soon. These look like such babies compared to what they look like now! The only thing that still hasn't sprouted is carrots... so maybe those won't happen. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Giggle said...

What fun! I love the postings!