"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Seborrhoeic Birthday

I turned 31 this year! My birthday just happened to fall on Mother's Day this year, which made it doubly fun. However, a severe (in my opinion) case of per-orbital seborrhoeic dermatitis made it most memorable. My itchy, burning eye-leprosy began a couple of weeks before my birthday and I haven't worn makeup since. I actually wore glasses for a couple of weeks as a disguise. It has finally healed enough that I don't need the disguise anymore. But after a few weeks of no make-up, my vanity is gone (or is it my pride) so I'm still not wearing make-up. Amazing! (I can't find the picture I took, but I promise to post it ASAP.)




I have really been spoiled rotten this year... starting a few days before my birthday when my mother-in-law took me to a ladies night out event at a jewelry store to pick out my birthday present. She also made a significant contribution to my vegetable garden by getting me an Earth Box and coming over and planting some tomato plants! Here are my babies doing a little inspection.


Giggle doling out the dolomite.


And the almost-finished product. She and Stan also gave me a staking system (which I installed after this picture) so the fast growing tomatoes have a nice place to climb and rest!


Then my mom and dad made a yummy surf and turf dinner for us. Leah had her first swordfish kabobs and said "mmm this is yummy chicken!" My sister gave me more jewels (which Leah is modeling in a picture below) and a book on composting. :) My parents gave me the gift that is hard to beat.... time at the SPAAAAAA! (Looking forward to complete rash healing before I schedule my spa treatments.)




My cheese face girl holding tight to Ramone (from Cars.)I know... you barely recognize me with this disguise!
Her Pops and her pearls.
Then on the big day we headed to Kevin's parents house after church for more food, fun and fascinators. (Julie made these for a Sunday school party... I have a fabulous picture of my dad wearing one, but he made me promise not to post it.)

One of the best birthday presents is still yet to come! Kevin totally surprised me with concert tickets! Come Monday I'll post about it... can you guess?

.

No comments: