I wanted to note that Garfield was the door stop for my own bedroom door from about age 6 until I moved out of my parents' house. A couple of years ago, he moved back in with me and assumed his post once again. I only note his place at the door because it just occurred to me Leah doesn't even know who that fat orange cat is!
'
Leah comes from a long line of costume wearers. I enjoy a good costume now and then (if I can find some suitable pictures I'll be sure and post them) and her daddy has been known to don women's clothing if it means getting a really good laugh. My parents make a mean Fred and Wilma Flintstone in their home spun costumes. Her Giggle even has a spare Santa suit and a clown suit (and stories to go with them) in her costume trunk full of goodies. But her Aunt Leslie.... she has an entire costume closet! The year she sponsored the 12th grade girls at church camp, she outfitted every one of them for their group's talent show act. She's big time.
'
So its only natural that Leah would already love to dress up. I'll have to get some pictures of her in her costumes posted soon. So many Christmas memories need posting!
'
I don't like how grown up she looks... (And I swore I'd never say something like that... don't ever swear.)
'
So its only natural that Leah would already love to dress up. I'll have to get some pictures of her in her costumes posted soon. So many Christmas memories need posting!
'
I don't like how grown up she looks... (And I swore I'd never say something like that... don't ever swear.)
4 comments:
You're kidding the folks about not knowing "where she gets it," aren't you? Little Miss Abbydrama. Oh my, the drama! The eyes that spoke volumes,the well-beyond-her-years monologues, and the loud wailing, "I'm pretty sure my arm is broken!" She is SO YOUR CHILD!!! and I love it!
And who can forget the need to wear white gloves with every dress!!
She is so cute! I want to be her friend. We have to get her and Avery together soon (like next time we are in Dallas) because Avery is becoming a little ham herself, and they would probably be quite entertaining together.
Side note - I have NEVER met anyone with more "costumes" than Leslie. I have also never met anyone that is as much fun as her when you are wearing them.
I immediately thought of Leslie's costume closet, so I'm so glad you mentioned it! Sometimes I can't watch the videos you post, and that makes me sad. But the one I do get to watch always make me laugh. Hope y'all are doing well!!!
Post a Comment