Sometimes I go days without turning on the radio or tv. This is not on purpose, and I'm beginning to realize it is also not very smart. But there are chores to do, people to see, places to go and there is lots of playing to be done!
'
Last week/weekend I managed to go a few days with out seeing or hearing any news or weather forecasts. This adds up to the fact that I had NO IDEA that there was a winter storm approaching. Did I mention that Kevin went out of town last weekend? So there were none of our usual conversations involving me asking what he knew about the forecast.
'
When it began raining Sunday morning I thought it was just a cold, rainy day. That cold/rainy combination was the only thing that made me throw Leah's warmest winter coat in the car with us on the way to church. As we drove to church the thermometer in my car dropped from 43 to 30! And the sleet began! I still didn't realize that this was a predicted storm until the snow was pouring down outside and I overheard someone at church say how it had been predicted all week! How am I the only person in North Texas that didn't know it was going to snow?
'
We enjoyed the snow in the church parking lot. But NOT the icy (3-times-longer-than-usual) drive home... with trucks in ditches everywhere you look!
After we got home safely, Leah got a nap and then Daddy came home so we all played in the winter wonderland together. Kevin built a pint-sized snow man for Leah...
Leah threw some snow in the air.
She was up to her knees in snow and it was still coming down hard.
She tasted the snow.
And liked what she tasted...
I think this it the only picture I got with Beans in it... sort of
Snow angels and snowball fights made it difficult for anyone to want to come inside and finally we bribed Leah with her favorite drink... hot tea. This is her excitedly saying "HA-TEE!!!" She LOVES it.
No comments:
Post a Comment