"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

middlenamesake

We have breakfast every Christmas Eve with the same group of friends. It started over 40 years ago with my dad and a few of his fraternity brothers and their wives. In a few years, they all began having kids, and now many of their kids have kids. Those of us who still live in the area and are able, continue to enjoy the LONG tradition.
'
2 years ago, I was great with child at Christmas, and Leah Curley (the fetal version) still didn't have a middle name. We had 2 in the hopper at the time, and I was still routing for no middle name. I think sweet little Caroline was 4 at the time, and while Kevin and I were talking to her and we look at each other and both say "What about Caroline?" We liked it and then took it under serious consideration. Kevin decided it had to be Leah Caroline. I said I still didn't know if she needed a middle name. I just wasn't 100% certain. But Kevin was. In the end he told me I could make the decision. The night before going into the hospital I printed up a page for her scrap book and put her full name on it and surprised Kevin. He was surprised and happy.
'
I had forgotten that Caroline's middle name was Leigh. So now on Christmas Eve we have Caroline Leigh and Leah Caroline. This year the girls had alot of fun together. Leah was loving on Caroline who was eating it up! I thought these pics were too cute to keep to myself.Caroline also helped us find out that Leah Curley doesn't know how to jump! Did you know kids aren't born knowing how to jump? I don't know why I assumed that she could! We do lots of dancing and stomping and twirling and a million versions of follow the leader but in all her days we'd never attempted a jump! She is starting to get it now, so once we perfect the jump I'll be sure and post some of the before and after video. We have had TONS of fun watching her try!

1 comment:

The New Family said...

Feel free to come over anytime. Jaxson can show Leah how to jump on my bed, on our couch, and even in the buggy at Wal-Mart! We have super safe rules! :)