'
We began our vacation at 3:30 AM last Thursday after I finally fell asleep for a few minutes some time after 1 AM. I finished packing around 11 PM the night before (I'm good under pressure) but couldn't sleep due to the massive upper respiratory and sinus infection building in the front half of my head. Kevin couldn't sleep either due to all my sniffing, snorting, coughing, choking and nose blowing. But... when our ride pulled up at 4:22 AM I decided once and for all that I WILL NOT BE SICK ON VACATION!
'
Too bad mind over matter doesn't always work. I got sicker on the plane... I'm pretty sure I burst an eardrum... and even sicker on the weaving bus ride to our resort. By the time we got to check in, I thought I might die. I may be exaggerating a little bit, but not much.
'
I laid in the bed for most of the next 24 hours. But did get up on DAY 2 to assist in the "purchase of the pants." Let's just say if husbands listened to their wives instead of each other, we would all be about $70 richer now. That's how much they charge for men's pants at our resort. Pants that are suitable for the dress code at dinner, the dress code that every single wife knew about and tried to convince her husband of while packing to leave. (Each one was either convinced that their wife was incorrect about the dress code, or at the very least, that the rule wouldn't apply to THEM.)
'
So upon finding out that rules do apply to them, they all bought new $70 pants, pictured here.... except for Brandon (far right) who was able to procure "loaner pants" which I'm not entirely sure he ever returned. So he actually left the trip one pair of pants better! (Not to pick on Brandon or anything but he'd been to the resort TWICE BEFORE and was the person we hold ultimately responsible for the boy's lack of pants... he's apparently very convincing... and smart enough to keep his money and get a free pair of pants... I'm starting to think it was all a set up) It's a close race as to who is the bigger ham of the 4 guys. But I'll go with the one who is patting his own behind for the pants photo.
Here's the whole crew the second night at dinner. I think this is the only picture I have with everyone in it. (I had taken enough decongestant that day to make a horses nose run!)
'
There was alot of pool time and the guys and Michelle played basketball... in teams... but if you ask Kevin who won he'll tell you "I did!"
'
Mexicans have a hard time pronouncing The Phipps' last name.... so we now call them Mr. and Mrs. Peeps. Their son is about 21 months old and their second could very well be here in approximately 9 months! ;)
'
Dr. Sarah kindly recommended 10 days of Augmentin for my nasty infection, which was lost in translation at la farmacia and I got 10 pills instead, which was only 5 days... but I'm pretty much better anyway. The Morrises sure missed their 5 month old baby girl... but Matt kept reminding us to enjoy our monitor free nights. We did!
'
'
The Joneses missed their 8 month old baby girl pretty badly, especially since she started crawling ONE HOUR before they dropped her off at her Honey's house. To distract himself, Brandon ate every.single.thing. that was offered in the entire resort. The night we ate Japanese food, the little boys dining at the hibachi grill next to ours pretty much thought Brandon was "the most interesting man in the world." They watched him as he ate 3 plates of sushi rolls and sashimi before ordering octopus with his steak and shrimp. Caviar and calf tongue are just a few of his other taste bud titillations. Lisa was, no doubt, plagued by having to share a room with him throughout the trip. Here she is pretending to like sushi...
'
'
'
And here WE are... Kevin sunburns even when he is covered in SPF 45 under an overcast, rainy sky. Such a white boy! Me... it's DAY 3 and I haven't seen the sun yet... and I haven't tasted a single thing I've tried to eat. Nor could I smell. But I'm still glad to be on vacation and out of bed most of the day!

'
On DAY 4 I was still feeling on the poor side, but at least a little better. We enjoyed a girls morning at the spa while the guys spent their rained-out fishing trip at the pool's swim up bar. Thanks Hurricane Alex! This is probably not the first time you've noticed I don't mind posting unflattering pictures of myself... I was pretty much a wreck. But the massage and the steam room did help some... I wish I had my very own steam room in my house. By the way... Lisa called it early on the trip when she said "Watch... the only time the sun will come out will be when we are in the spa!" Can you see the lovely sunshine outside? Near the end of my treatment, I heard the rain begin to pour again. :) 
'
'
If these guys could... and weren't already married to us... I think they would marry each other.
'
This couple was having a very Discovery Channel moment right out in the middle of the walkway. He was pulsating and hissing at her... I guess if that's what ruffles your feathers! I got a good video of it. Pretty cool actually. 
The leaning tower of over-indulgence...
'
Hasta la proxima, Mexico! Fue divertido!
This was the last night at the beach around 10:30. I think the wind was blowing harder than I've ever experienced. This is the wind off the ocean blowing the sand around.
'
On our last day in paradise, the sun and I finally saw each other for the first time! I was so excited! I was just going to try and get about an hour of sun so I would at least look like I went on vacation... then I was going to apply the sunscreen and go about the day. But I got distracted by the free, live entertainment that was my husband dancing on the swim-up bar and then cannonballing into the pool... and I forgot the sunscreen. When I saw that others were beginning to get some pink on their skin, I decided to call it quits and go in for my shower. By the time the color fully showed itself... I was a lovely shade of lobster. oops!
On our last day in paradise, the sun and I finally saw each other for the first time! I was so excited! I was just going to try and get about an hour of sun so I would at least look like I went on vacation... then I was going to apply the sunscreen and go about the day. But I got distracted by the free, live entertainment that was my husband dancing on the swim-up bar and then cannonballing into the pool... and I forgot the sunscreen. When I saw that others were beginning to get some pink on their skin, I decided to call it quits and go in for my shower. By the time the color fully showed itself... I was a lovely shade of lobster. oops!
'
I'll leave you with this clip... my favorite of all the video footage taken on the trip. I feel like this may be one of those "you had to be there" moments but I literally laugh aloud each time I watch it (for so many different reasons) so I thought I'd share...
Hasta la proxima, Mexico! Fue divertido!
2 comments:
I think Mr & Mrs 'Peeps' were lucky - it could have been alot worse! Loved the post!
why do I suddenly feel the urge for fried chicken?
Post a Comment