'
This year... as the father of 4 month old Curley Q, not just any gift would do... We gave him the gift of TIME!
'
A few weeks ago, several things in our kitchen started fritzing (I made up that word) at the same time. OK, so I accidentally "disposed" of a tiny tempered glass bowl in our garbage disposal and broke the disposal. (This is not the first time Kevin has had this little chore to do... but they shouldn't call it a DISPOSE-ALL!! It's so misleading!!)
'
Then our dishwasher started leaking... and our sink started leaking... so off to the home improvement store we went. Kevin installed our new dishwasher like a pro... but ran out of time for the new SINK, FAUCET and DISPOSAL.... yes.... we spent a small fortune at Lowe's.... The days came and went, but Kevin was working like crazy and I was "disposing" of everything in the trash can instead of the much preferred sink.
'
Although we would have liked to have saved the money on the installation of these items, we preferred to spend Father's Day weekend enjoying our Dad rather than watching him spend his free weekend sweating under the kitchen sink.
'
So I hired a plumber while Kevin was at work and had it all installed as a surprise! He liked it.
He's such a good dad... We are lucky girls!
.
We spent the actual Day with as many of our favorite fathers as we could!
Here are two peas in a pod...
.
With her Pops...
.
With her GranStan...
.
And with Great-Grandpa in his garden! Leah and I hope we got his still-good-looking-and-gardening-at-93-years-old genes!!
'
I don't have the words for a proper tribute to my husband on his first real Father's Day. Watching my favorite person on Earth become a dad has been the greatest thing I've ever experienced! He is the world's greatest dad. Thanks to all the dads pictured above too... for giving him such good examples of how to be a dad and helping him to start on a great foundation!
No comments:
Post a Comment