"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lil Kev

For our last New Year's Eve as a childless couple, Kevin and I had Japanese food (no sushi for me though) with some of our great friends, Brandon and Lisa... and then he took me to a bar. That's right... just a few friends and our fetus at a tavern on NYE 2008! One with a little karaoke action no less (but NO SMOKING!) You should know that while in law school, my husband perfected his Lil Jon impression and received many standing ovations and performed many an encore. My precious husband can rap! And so... he does... occasionally... if the "mood" strikes him. :-)

Remember I said no smoking, but the giant bull on the wall blew smoke out of his nose every once in a while. (Kevin tells me it only blows for the best performances.) Notice a couple of the Eastside Boyz doing a little backup (although we think their mic was off, because you could hear nothing but Kevin hollering at us to stop and wiggle wit it and bend over and touch our toes.... skeet skeet skeet... or something like that.)


Their song truly got the most audience participation of the entire evening, and a couple of strangers came up to me and said "Is that YOUR husband? He looked so sweet..." Not sure what that means. Sweet boys don't rap? Or maybe white boys with their "white collars" tucked in to their slacks don't rap?


And this, I believe, is a photo of Brandon and Kevin vogueing?
Or raising the roof after their stellar performance?
Lisa and I can't figure out what makes them act this way when they get together.


Another belated blog entry.
I know Kevin will LOVE that I finally documented this night. Happy 2009!

3 comments:

betty cooper said...

That's our boy Kevin -- they son we never had! makes us so proud once again. His talents are boundless.

Brandie said...

Dang, I wish I were there to see Kevin's performance. It's almost hard to believe since I've never seen it in person.

Anonymous said...

Go Kevin ..... Go Kevin !!!! - Shannon