"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Wednesday, October 1, 2008

my baby daddy

OCTOBER! I love it so much!! I love October, November and December because of the holiday season. I love January, February and March because of ski season. I love April because it is springtime and not too hot to be outside all day. I LOVE May, because it is my birthday month and I celebrate ALL MONTH LONG. I love June, July and August because I love hot weather (as long as there is a pool or an ocean nearby... I really enjoy laying in the water and doing nothing). And I love September because I LOVE school supplies... especially new pencils, glue and construction paper! So.... I'm pretty happy all year long... but October is always SO exciting to me! (The real secret.... I love Halloween... costumes, candy, parties, pumpkins and I love orange and black! It's hard for an Aggie to wear orange, so I cherish October for giving me an excuse) OK.... enough!
*
Today I am 20 weeks, 3 days. Just keeping you all up to date. I thought I would share a few pics of my baby daddy! How do you think he looks? He’s getting better and more confident with his baby holding skills all the time. Kevin may correct me, but I believe Baby Kinley (Keith and Loree’s) was the first baby he had EVER held (since I’ve known him anyway) and that wasn’t all too long ago…. She was born last October. When she was born, we visited our friends in the hospital and he mustered up the courage and took the “hand off” from me. I remember that he looked afraid she might jump right out of her blanket and bite him. When she didn’t… I guess he decided he liked babies after all, so thanks Kinley! Our little Curley Girl thanks you too! See a picture of him holding her for the umpteenth time… He's a pro now! (Forgive the weird psycho looking pic though... he didn't look this scary in real life... they were really having a good time!)
Here is a better one of the two of them!
Look how cute he is with these other baby girls! My how far we have come in a year!
Baby Piper (Billy and Cassie’s), Baby Anna (Amber and Joe’s)…
*
For fun I'll throw in a few other baby girls.... Baby Alley, Baby Beans and Baby Laurel. (Alley and Laurel are 2 of my parents' guide dog puppies) I think he’s a natural. Here he is holding his cousin Baby Jaxon (Thomas and Leslie’s) just a couple of weeks ago… He looks pretty good with baby boys too… Can you tell he is starting to ENJOY it? He is going to be such a good dad! Just wanted to pay tribute to Kevin's mad baby-handling skills, in case any of you were worried. I love this man more every minute!!

4 comments:

a: said...

i like baby alley smile the best

The Ballard Family said...

Awww...you are so sweet to pay tribute to Kevin like that! I e-mailed you a cuter (less creepy :) picture of Kevin and Kinley. Also, you need to check your facts with Kevin...I'm not saying you are wrong, BUT I believe the first time he held Kinley was over here at our house, when she was older, not at the hospital. Again, check with Kevin b/c you may be right (I was on lots of drugs in the hospital :).

Brandie said...

How fun! I cant get over how young Kevin looks in some of the older pictures.

Anonymous said...

Ok I just figured out how to leave a comment!! The pics of Kev and Jax are super adorable! You need to email them to me so I can post them on my myspace!! Jaxon def misses yall!!