23 weeks, 4 days. Our baby girl will be here in about 3.5 months and we've been encouraged (nagged) by some friends and loved ones to get started on some of the important decision making that comes with preparing for a child..... like picking out which Boppy cover we are going to need. Ok not really that, but there are things we agree that we probably need to start deciding, like getting a carseat, baby monitor and other... serious... parental... responsibility-ish things. (scary)
So, we visited the new baby store that just opened near our house and just got down to business. We should have known it would get interesting when Kevin and I couldn't even choose a password that we would need to access our online registry... This is the stuff other people get so excited about? I have dreaded it for months! Oh the STRESS! I know we need to make decisions, and I know that registering for gifts is the socially appropriate thing to do in this country, but I HATE IT!! Mostly because I have to make lots-n-lots-n-lots of decisions.... about material things that shouldn't matter much.... in a very short time...... and I know NOTHING about any of it!! I've never done this!! Kevin and I feel the same about this issue... you should have been a fly on the wall the day we went to look at placemats and China patterns before we got married!
So we finally picked an online password, took a deep breath and got our stun-gun. We immediately got a little (A LOT) overwhelmed and we stood in the aisle together and I had tears that were ready to spill over. I don't know what I'm doing.... we can't make any decisions.... we don't even know how to begin this process... how am I ever going to be a good mother?!?! So what do the Curley's do when faced with frustration, fear or insecurity?????? Register for approximately 200 large jars of Budreaux's Butt Paste, roughly 100 small tubes of the Butt Paste, and a few of anything else in the store that has the word "BUTT" on the label. We also registered for a few dozen large bottles of baby oil that we can use for Curley Family Baby Oil Wrestling Night. And Kevin registered for a bottle of Mr. Bubble - Bubble Bath for himself. He loves a good bubble bath!
After we let off a little steam on the butt paste/baby oil aisle, we decided to get serious. We did even make some mature decisions about a few items. We "test drove" some strollers, and Kevin made the determination that "there is not even question" as to the superior quality of the one we chose, and basically he now believes that anyone that would choose a different baby stroller, OBVIOUSLY didn't experience "ours." Why does any other stroller even exist? Who would dream of choosing something else?? I'm so sorry for anyone who has one of these other pathetically inferior strollers.....
But please don't put us in the shouldn't-be-allowed-to-procreate category yet. We got started making some of these important (and some NOT so important) decisions. Fun is different for everyone and we just had to make it fun for us. We are less intimidated now, and we think we can take it a little more seriously. We think....
After that, we spent a while picking out pumpkins of the PERFECT size and shape for this Saturday's pumpkin carving contest. We have two exciting entries in store, and of course I will be sharing some pics.
Later!
3 comments:
The image of The Curley's wresting with/in baby oil is now forever in my brain.....
Butt, butt, butt, butt... that is how many times I saw the word butt on your regestry. The church ladies will be soooooo emberassed! Butt I liked it! Hehe!
I can't wait for Baby Curley!
Love you!
LC
Oh yes, you are a lot like your big sister... so FUNNY!!! I love your sense of humor. That's pretty much all you need! You're gonna make a great family!
Post a Comment