I wish I had thought to count (like Kevin did w/ Uncle Winston's favorite phrase) how many times I have quoted this since I first read it... and cried... It reminds me of a favorite quote from someone I hope to meet one day. Temple Grandin, best selling author, designer of humane livestock facilities and handling practices, and a major figure in autism advocacy (who actually lives with Autism)... She invented the most ingenious "machine". A hug machine or squeeze machine... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hug_machine ... But, was "quote quoted" ;-) as saying back in 2008... "It broke two years ago, and I never got around to fixing it. I'm into hugging people now." Talk about INGENIOUS!!!
2 comments:
So very true!
I wish I had thought to count (like Kevin did w/ Uncle Winston's favorite phrase) how many times I have quoted this since I first read it... and cried... It reminds me of a favorite quote from someone I hope to meet one day. Temple Grandin, best selling author, designer of humane livestock facilities and handling practices, and a major figure in autism advocacy (who actually lives with Autism)... She invented the most ingenious "machine". A hug machine or squeeze machine... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hug_machine ... But, was "quote quoted" ;-) as saying back in 2008... "It broke two years ago, and I never got around to fixing it. I'm into hugging people now." Talk about INGENIOUS!!!
Super Duper Big Squishy Hugs!
Aunt Farmer Les
Post a Comment