The real purpose of the trip was that Kevin was going to be arguing before the 5th circuit court of appeals for the very first time. And I had to see it! Of course I can see Kevin argue in court in the Dallas area any time... or I could just wait til he gets home and argue with him myself... but the idea of the high level appelate court was so exciting to me!
At times I have been known to be little bit of a courtroom drama junkie. TV and real life. I may be the only person on Earth to have ever been excused from jury duty only to stay as a spectator and watch the trial proceed all day.
We saw all the beautiful sights of New Orleans...
And we saw Mr Hankie, the Christmas poo... really nice...
And we stuffed our faces with as much seafood from as many famous places as we could before Kevin's argument Monday morning. 
Kevin impresses me in alot of ways. But to see him do his courtroom thing is one of the most impressive things. In the blink of an eye he goes from being my goofy red-neck husband to being a serious grown-up! And a REALLY good lawyer! :) I was so proud. Not a single person in the whole place even cracked a smile the whole day but I was grinning ear to ear like an idiot the whole time. I may have even giggled. (Heaven help us if Kevin ever has a case go to the Supreme Court!!)
And just as most of our household arguments go... he won! He likes to win. I love that man.
Kevin impresses me in alot of ways. But to see him do his courtroom thing is one of the most impressive things. In the blink of an eye he goes from being my goofy red-neck husband to being a serious grown-up! And a REALLY good lawyer! :) I was so proud. Not a single person in the whole place even cracked a smile the whole day but I was grinning ear to ear like an idiot the whole time. I may have even giggled. (Heaven help us if Kevin ever has a case go to the Supreme Court!!)
4 comments:
I loved reading this and I loved imagining you smiling the whole time - I bet people thought you were crazy!
I LOVED reading this too! I have no idea why, but I was grinning from ear to ear as I was reading it! Is it weird that for some strange reason I too am experiencing some pride for your husbands lawyering skills? Strange, but I really am smiling...and my chest is all sorts of puffed up with pride. Wow. We've learned two things from this post. Your husband rocks in the courtroom, and I'm a bit of a freak.
:)
So glad we can all be proud of his ability to argue! He honed his skill early in life! Great photo!
Post a Comment