These are pictures of my first trip to Toys R Us! I don't think I had ever been before! Surely I'd been to the toy store as a kid? Right mom and dad? But I have no memory of it... so it doesn't count. And I certainly haven't been as grown up. So of course Leah hadn't been either, unless maybe a grandmother has taken her... I am not sure. Anyway, she enjoyed the trip. I, however, was totally overstimulated by the zillions of toy options and marketing ploys.
We went with some friends who are regulars and so they showed us the ropes. (Do I sound like I live under a rock?) Leah's favorite thing were the cars... and not just any cars... you guessed it... Lightning McQueen! And I thought I would include these pics of Daniel and Caleb driving the pink, Barbie Smart Car! You know, to make their dad proud. ;)
We went with some friends who are regulars and so they showed us the ropes. (Do I sound like I live under a rock?) Leah's favorite thing were the cars... and not just any cars... you guessed it... Lightning McQueen! And I thought I would include these pics of Daniel and Caleb driving the pink, Barbie Smart Car! You know, to make their dad proud. ;)
PRICELESS!
I was amazed Leah didn't ask me to buy a single toy while we were there. But she did have the quintessential toy-store-temper-tantrum when I misunderstood her intentions about the ride-on Thomas the Train toy... apparently upsetting her greatly! She even threw herself on the floor! It is so hard to cope when you are 2 1/2. So she had her first trip to the toy store, her first temper fit in a toy store, and her first spanking-in-a-toy-store-bathroom ALL IN THE SAME DAY! What a special memory! Despite the fit... it was a good time overall. We'll definitely be back. ;)
- Posted from my iPhone
- Posted from my iPhone



2 comments:
You were certainly not deprived of toys, but I don't think we went browsing toy stores either. Too much stimulation was my excuse -- I guess you inherited that from me.
Too funny - we've had toy store meltdowns too... it's a part of life! :)
Post a Comment