I just started sweating when I typed that title! But that is how the song goes...
At age 2 years and 4 months... wearing an old t-shirt of mine:
- Her favorite foods right now are chicken nuggets with ketchup, berries, watermelon and JELLO.
- Favorite shows are Veggietales... she chooses them over Disney movies and Sesame Street!?!
- Favorite outdoor activity is "Fwim in the Fwimming pool" (not sure when the 'fw' started, I thought it was only l's and r's that she rejected.) Both Grandparents houses are equipped with Kiddie pools too, so she is set for lots of summer fun.
- She loves to read. She has started reading several books to us. Her favorite right now is The Very Hungry Caterpillar... and she knows every word. If she picks up a book we haven't read in a long time she will open it and say "I don't know these words" and hand it to us so we can read it through a couple of times until she has it memorized. Then she'll read it to us.
- She loves to hear the stories we make up. She particularly loves one Kevin made up about best friends Rocky Raccoon and Philip Fox. She asks him for this story repeatedly. In the car with me she'll ask "Mommy can you tell me the story about the Jesus and the sheep?" This is a story I've told her about 200 times by now. She can tell it back to me too, which I love. I love hearing her little voice say "I don't like it when all the sheep go away from Jesus." She says it every time. :)
- She loves to sing. ALL SONGS. She loves nursery songs and any Veggitales song, especially Larry the Cucumber's hairbrush song. A new favorite is Dolly Parton's "Rockin Chairs" And I recently heard her singing Jimmy Buffett's "Apocalyspo" after she heard me singing it. You may have also heard her singing her hymns from time to time. She's been known to sing "Trust and Obey" several dozen times in a row at increasingly higher and higher volumes. I love to hear "Ho-Wee, Ho-Wee, Hooo-Weeeeeee."
- She LOVES cars and trains like a good little tom-boy... especially Thomas the tank engine and Lighning McQueen... but she also loves Barbies and baby dolls.
- She loves it when we pass a construction site and I can tell her about all the machinery... excavators, bulldozers, front-end loaders, bobcats and cranes. She always asks me what things are first and then immediately says "Oh wow, look at that Exa-Bater!" (I don't know them all... so everything falls into one of those categories...)
- She loves shopping - her favorite stores are Cabela's, Target and the grocery store. (FYI - she spotted a Cabela's billboard from the car at almost a half a mile away)
There aren't many things that Leah Curley doesn't REALLY like... and even love! Every time we leave an event, no matter what it is, she says "I had so much fun at _____!" and "I love ____ SOOOOO much!" So coming up with her favorite things is getting more difficult. I think it might be easier to just list things that aren't her favorites.
There is definitely one thing she currently doesn't care for... walruses... aka wasps. I told her one time to take a good look at them and make sure she doesn't ever touch one because wasps can sting you (and we have lots around our house... I think they like our flowers and vegetables and our covered patio.) So now every time she sees one she says "I don't like walruses! They can bite me!"
No comments:
Post a Comment