And we have both been waiting a loooong time for a championship!
I was a little girl the first time I went to a game at Reunion Arena. I was watching when Jason Kidd played for us the first time. I was always a fan, but I remember when I went off to college in 1998.... and fell in love in my dorm room.
Over the next few years I watched Steve Nash and Dirk play some of the most exciting regular season and play-off games I had ever seen. I cant lie, it was always Nash i was more infatuated with. In my opinion there was no one more exciting to watch in all of basketball. And the combination of those two guys was a little bit magical!

Around the same time, Kevin and I were dating and I took him to a game for his birthday because his favorite team (Kobe, Shaq and the Lakers) were playing my Mavs. We sat on the very top row of the arena. :)
I had a hard time when we let Steve Nash get away... And I admit I even split my loyalty the first couple of years with Phoenix because I loved watching him play.
Then...my team made it to the NBA finals... And then we got swept. :(
But just look at them now! After a long road. So exciting! Wins like this are worth waiting for!!

I have been catching up on all the sleep I always miss during the NBA playoffs. After all the games I have to watch all the post-game coverage and interviews.... And then, especially after a win, I'm like a kid going to Disney World...
I'm just too excited to sleep!!!

For the last decade or so I have predicted every year to be "the year." And every year I am so sad for the NBA season to end... Not this year!!!! Go Mavs!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment