"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

righty

For two days in a row now Leah has eaten every bite of her yogurt with her right hand. This may be trivial information for most people, but I've been waiting to see if she's be a righty or a lefty since she was born!

At her 2 week check-up Dr. D took one look at her head and said "Are there any lefty's in the family?" Apparently there is a study that's been done on handedness and most people have the main swirly cowlick on the left side of their head, and they are righty's... and a good portion of right-sided swirly cowlick people are lefty's. According to the lick of the cow... Leah was going to be a lefty.

I'm mainly interested because when Kevin and I were dating I noticed that it seemed he had missed the day in 1st grade when they teach proper pencil holding technique... and he didn't get a make-up lesson. Its crazy awkward! And his handwriting... atrocious! (Yes... mine is horribly messy, but at least it has a little stylistic flare... some people say.)

Come to find out... early in his life, the forks, spoons, pens and pencils Kevin picked up naturally for use in the left hand - had been taken and put into his right hand! Over and over again. (I'm not naming any names.)

So I'm convinced Leah's daddy IS a lefty... by birth. And until recently I really thought she was favoring her left more of the time. But I think this yogurt business has answered the question.

I should be relieved... because although statistically more geniuses are left-handed than right-handed, so are a much higher percentage of the criminally insane!

Happy Groundhog Day! (Punxsutawney Phil says it's gonna be an early spring!)

No comments: