"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Thursday, December 10, 2009

Project Puree - I'll show you mine...

I feel so weird about showing you the inside of my freezer.... it feels like its a very intimate thing! And so now I feel like you should show me yours... its only fair. What you can't see is the very top shelf where we keep some frozen milk and sugar free fudge bars. I'm not proud of how everything is stuffed in there, but I do like my stacks of brightly colored baby purees.
-
I actually get sad when all my jars are full, because I love making the stuff. (I feel like Diane Keaton in Baby Boom.) But Leah averages 4-5 jars a day so I never have to wait long before I can wash and refill!
-
The first food that our girl really didn't like much was asparagus. She always makes the "IT'S SO YUCKY" face during the first bite of something new. But she flat out refused bite #2 and SLAPPED my hand away... including the spoon full of asparagus that went EVERYWHERE! Then I mixed it with sweet potatoes to make a tasty treat. It also went well with butternut squash. Now she'll eat it alone. We just had to ease into it. Its quite fragrant you know.

Here are my most recent creations. (bluestrawpple, strawpple, bluepear, raspapple) The Raspberry-Apple is not only a lovely shade of hot pink, but it is YUMMY! Too tangy for Leah (unless I cut it with a little oatmeal), but just right for mama.For the 3 people who are actually interested in this, I steam or bake everything first except for the berries. I just threw them in with my applesauce and pear-sauce and tasted stuff til I liked it. I have yet to give her anything I haven't tried. I know its weird, but I'm kind of proud of myself for trying "new things."


For cuteness sake...

3 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

4-5 jars a day? Seriously? Sure, Carter is eating table food...but he's not eating that much of it, so I'm trying to still get some good protien down him with baby food. I'm lucky if I can get 2 of the big Earth's Best jars down him in a day. And, if I were you, I'd be super proud of my nutrient packed colorful freezer too! Way to go Mama! :)

Giggle said...

Leah is a lucky girl!! Love the update!

Unknown said...

Wait...you probably didn't know this but there are FOUR people who are really interested in this. You weren't counting ME!!! I can't wait until Lucy is old enough to eat this stuff...you ROCK! - Elise