"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Friday, August 14, 2009

gimme a head with hair!

Hair Hair Hair Hair Hair Hair Hair... Flow it... Show it... Long as God can grow it.. My Hair!
.
July was a big month for the littlest Curley (her 5th month of life) ... but here it is in a peanutshell...

.
Some of my favorite moments lately are just before bed...
(in her jammys only! no more swaddle! she flops all over that bed, making up for lost time with her newly found freedom)

.
And also first thing in the morning! She is just delighted to wake up in the morning... especially if she wakes up in time to see her daddy before work. She comes in to play on mom and dad's bed before breakfast. The next two pics are probably my all time favorites. :)
.
"I'll have what she's having..."

.
Rice cereal! Her very first bite of ANYTHING other than milk. She keeps a little extra in her neck folds too, in case she gets hungry later.
.
Playing with her cousin Jaxon... he's a rapper if you didn't know.
.
On her 5 month birthday we had her pictures made.
Here are just a couple of the top picks.
(We had Donald Trump's hairstylist come for the photo shoot.)

.
She is a champion nose-honker. No matter where you are, it's the one thing she NEVER miscalculates..
This is Kevin's favorite face... she is saying "goooooooo"

.
The first time she made a boy cry...

.
Huntin for more cereal... or maybe some oatmeal!

.
"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....".
She keeps her stopper in place this way now....

.
So that she always knows where to find it... you think I'm kidding.

.
One of my favorite parts of the month of July was the last week, when I helped with the PRECIOUS 2nd graders in the Kids Summer Praise Musical at our church. I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching such young kids learn an ENTIRE musical in ONE WEEK! Incredible. And they learn so much about the Bible at the same time.
.
For years I used to help in a similar summer music program at the church where I grew up. But this was my first time to work with school age kids since becoming a mother myself... and what a new perspective I had! All of the sudden I'm no longer a "fun-young-hip-happening-helper." I'm "somebody's MOM" and I tried to embrace the tasks required of "somebody's MOM" with dignity (e.g. the task of givingthehairyeyeballtomisbehaving8yearoldboys).
.
I'm sure I've said many of the same things in years past, but this time when I said "Let's not stand on (or jump up and down on...or crawl over...or crawl under...or lay down on...or lay down under...you get the picture) the church pews" and "All four chair legs need to be on the floor" it felt so different.... like... I REALLY MEAN IT GUYS! QUIT IT! By the way... I think I was meant to be a girl mom... Boys are really DIFFERENT. Why was it never the girls doing ANY of these things?
.
It was a wonderfully exhausting week, and Leah got to spend lots of extra time with her Grannie and her Bitty. And she got her first spikehawk!





That Friday night she came with us to see the kids musical at church and out for Mexican food after that. It was a darn good way to end a great month. And she was pooped!

"Now would someone do something about my HAIR??"

3 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Leah is just sooooo cute! I love her hair!!!! She's a doll!

Betty Cooper said...

Glad you updated with some pics I haven't seen yet. She is more precious every time i look at her. And I dig that you have two references to the 60's music I made you listen to as a little girl. Knew it would come in handy one day!

Brandie said...

Lovin the crazy hair. And yes, boys are VERY different. Whew.