If I am ANY good at all at being a mother... it is because "I've stood on the shoulders of giants."
.
Two ladies: My mom, Betty (who will now forever be GranBitty... or Bitty) and my mother-in-law, Julie (forever LC's Grannie). They are not giant ladies, but they are two GIANTs in the field of motherhood.
.
I can begin to express my gratitude, but it will never end. I loved them both so much before we had our daughter, but my love and respect for them only grows exponentially each day. I can't count the number of meals they have cooked, chores they've done at our house or hours they've spent helping me get used to this thing called motherhood... The encouragement they've given me is boundless, and probably above all, the example they have set for me is priceless. We thank God for them every day.
.
Check out these hot grandmas!
They sure don't make grandma's like they used to.
Above, you can see them just hours before they became grandmothers (and grandfathers)
Above, you can see them just hours before they became grandmothers (and grandfathers) Below... their first hours as GRANDMAS!
More hugs and snuggles from the grandest of mothers...



That was LC's first (barefoot) Ladies Luncheon!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
We love you!



3 comments:
What a neat post!! Happy Mother's Day.
Thank you for such a lovely tribute! It's easy to be a GRAND mother to a GRAND daughter. Leah, your mother is the greatest of all and continues to make my life worth living!
Next year look for me with gray permed hair :-)
This is my favorite Mothers Day! I'm honored by such sweet words. Sharing your 1st Mothers Day has been a joy. Your love, patience and faith is a blessing to your family (and a tribute to your mama!)
Being a grandmother is one of God's greatest gifts. Eph 3:20
Post a Comment