First...
Yay Mavs! We're headed to the second round. This always gets my blood pumping.... especially when its the SA Spurs that we beat! (Although nothing beats that TRIPLE overtime excitement when the Bulls tied up their series last night! Intense! I LOVE the NBA playoffs... so does this girl.)
Second...
Little LC is a bum genius! While I was pregnant I told Kevin I wanted to use cloth diapers. He laughed at me (rolled his eyes and called me a hippy) and said... "Let's not." At the time, there was just too much too learn already... too many new things... We were first-timers who felt like we knew NOTHING. Although, if there was ONE thing I was confident of, it was my ability to change a diaper... a disposable diaper. So, of course you should attack a new challenge with as many confidence builders in your back pocket as you can. So we stockpiled newborn pampers... (with the stripe... those who know about the stripe, love the stripe.)
When we brought our baby girl home, we both laughed and agreed that "doing the cloth diaper thing" would have been disastrous for us. For one thing... we had created this tiny little POOP MACHINE! Learning to use cloth diapers, however simple it may prove to be... would have caused someone in our house to have a breakdown... since we were changing 12 or more LARGE, FULL, POOPY diapers every day at first.
In the last two and a half months though, I have become comfortable and confident with many other baby care tasks... and I need a challenge. :) Not really, I want to save money and save the planet and they are WAY cuter than huggies or pampers. So even though Kevin thinks I'm a weird hippy, I'm doing it. My friend Brandie took me to this little shop and introduced me to the reality of today's cloth diapers... and convinced me to buy them. I'm so excited! Here is my little "bum genius." She may turn out bow-legged from all those layers between her legs, and she may have to sleep on her tummy to keep the blood from rushing to her head... but isn't her big booty precious? 
Here's a pink one!!
4 comments:
lovin' her tush!!
It makes her head look smaller!
I think she's wondering "what's this on my back?!!" in the 2nd pic - adorable!
She gets cuter with every picture!
Post a Comment