My sister and I both do! Its so icky when its cold... and it actually becomes kind of thick and crusty. Who likes it that way? I can't explain it, but if we need ketchup on something we have to have it room temperature. Preferably out of the tiny fast food packets. And as long as we're talking preferences, the "ketchup tubs" at Whataburger are the supreme way to enjoy room temperature ketchup. Kevin prefers the cold ketchup!?!? I just think things like this in life are funny. Why are we the way we are? And what will our little Curley be like? Will she like her ketchup cold or room temperature and why? Because we have influenced her opinion or because she has a strong preference about the temperature or texture or packaging of her condiments? Maybe if I were a good mom I would keep the calorie wasting concoction of sugar and tomatoes away from my child and this would all be a moot point. But then, my mom tried to keep me away from white bread and cream gravy, but I discovered them on my own anyway! (I curse the day I found you, cream gravy...)
I also recently found myself contemplating a few other things. It must be what I am spending all my brain cells on... since I'm not using them for ANYTHING useful like memory or reason or decision making.
1. Why are there button options on an elevator that only goes to two floors? I have found this to be a serious waste! If you get in on the first floor, the elevator can just assume that you wanna go upstairs and similarly assume the opposite when you get in on the second floor. Actually, the elevator doesn't have to assume anything! You should just get in, the doors should close, and you should go to the floor you aren't already on.
2. Why isn't my belly button poking out? I only have 2.5 weeks left! It is one of the cute, funny things I have been looking forward to. Why does it seem to pop out on all the girls that are grossed out by it, and NOT pop out on me, when I've been looking forward to it? Mine is just spreading way out and looking really wide and cavernous. Kevin actually thinks there is something wrong with it.
3. Why DO we drink cow's milk and insist that it is so healthy and necessary for a healthy life? I know many of my friends contemplated this long before I did, but again, I think it's pregnancy that has somehow made me think about things a little differently. Every mammal produces milk.... for their young.... including us! God made us that way right? So, why do we drink the milk supply of another species? Cows don't drink our milk. And I suspect that if they could... they wouldn't. I also suspect that if the cows could ask us to stop milking them and drinking theirs... they would. In the words of Gaylord Focker "you can milk anything with nipples" but it doesn't mean you should, and it certainly doesn't mean you should build an industry around it and market it as a necessary part of a healthy diet and lifestyle. There are, in fact, other more efficient ways to get calcium and protein.... but I swear I won't go into it. I'm just putting it out there. I have a quart of soy milk in my fridge. I bought it yesterday. I haven't tried it yet. I'm scared. I put cow's milk on my morning cereal. I'll let you know when I try it. Its funny, because I love other soy products... but I LOVE my skim cow's milk so much, I'm afraid of trying the soy milk and hating it. (Thanks Sara for coaching me through my first soy milk purchase... now I just need you to come over and coach me through my first taste!) (Another aside... my grandmother's family were dairy farmers, and I mean this in NO way to disrespect them or any other cow milkers... I'm just thinking.)
That's enough for now. I've got a million other posts/pics to get caught up on. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Cold ketchup is just sick. We keep ours in the pantry. And you're absolutely right: Whataburger's "fancy ketchup" rocks!
Post a Comment