"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Big Belly Chronicles - Volume 34w

I've been having braxton hicks contractions since mid-November. They were getting increasingly more frequent over the weeks before Christmas, which is why I did so much of my Christmas shopping online (and got SO aggravated by the misleading websites.) Then, as I was getting well after my nasty cold and bronchitis... my gastrointestinal system decided it had been left out of the party... and for 3 days it was like my morning sickness on steroids. It lasted Christmas Eve, Christmas day and the day after Christmas. 3 of the BEST days in the whole year! The first 2 are obviously good days, but the reason I love the day after Christmas is the shopping! I love 75% off Christmas stuff for next year! I love 75% off anything! The last time I missed this shopping day was 5 years ago... the day before our wedding. I shouldn't say missed, because my sister and I were at the mall, frantically trying to find new clothes for me to wear to the rehearsal dinner that night and a few more things to pack and take on our honeymoon. I shop VERY WELL under pressure. :) But I didn't get to do the bargain hunting I love so much. And... 5 years later, Kevin has caused me not to be able to shop again...

But as I was putting Christmas stuff away this year, I was thankful to not have one single additional item to pack away. As much as I love to shop, I hate the clutter that shopping causes. I hate waste, and the over consumption that so many in our society indulge in. Uggg... but I can't help that I still LOVE TO SHOP! (Which is why I love a flexible return policy.)



While resting over Christmas, the contractions stopped. But then, as I began to move around and do some stuff around the house, they have returned. But I'm averaging about 4-5 a day now, whereas before I was up to 4-5 an hour sometimes. (Which my doctor said could turn into REAL labor if I wasn't careful.... so I'm being much more careful.) So this is my belly at 34 weeks 2 days. I am still getting ALOT of comments about not being big enough... but my doctor says my fundus is just fine. :)

We have furniture in the baby's room!! This is a big deal, and I won't go into why. Its a looooong story. But we have it and the room will look like a fun little girl's room in no time! She'll be here in less than 5 weeks now! 2 of the Curley's are extremely happy about this, and the 3rd Curley..... the beautiful furry brown one... is NOT so happy. Here's how you can tell... this is a picture of her while she's watching her dad put the baby's bed together. When Beans' lips are spread out all over the floor like this, it can mean two things.... REALLY tired.... or REALLY mad. And she'd been napping most of the afternoon. So.....
I think she picked up the pouty look from her dad. And I think she is beginning to figure out that something in our house is taking a little attention away from "the CENTER of the UNIVERSE." But we will make sure she still gets plenty. I imagine it would be hard to go from 100% of our undivided attention to anything less than that. But she'll always be our very first baby.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Can't wait to see the room all put together. Does the presence of nursery furniture mean you got your money back from the office furniture debacle? I sure hope so.

your favorite oxymoron said...

poor little Beaner!!! I will come and give her some love this weekend. Maybe she needs some Willie love too!

You look great by the way! I love you!

LC

Brandie said...

I think you look perfect! Beans will be excited soon enough, when she has someone to roll around and play with.