*
For a few weeks I have been experiencing some pretty severe "round ligament pains" which feels a little bit like someone stabbing me repeatedly in the pelvis with an ice pick. FUN. Apparently these can be a little worse for women who have to stand all day at work, which I often do. So I asked my doctor for some advice and she recommended a lovely support garment that should help with this and so I ordered some online this week. They are made by this awesome company many of you girls know... so I am excited to see how they work. Hang in there... the story will all come together very soon...
*
So last night, the pizza delivery guy rings the doorbell and as Kevin bends over to pick up a box that has arrived on our porch, Mr. Pizza gives Kevin a really strange look. Because I told Kevin what I had ordered, he thought nothing of it as he picked it up and put it under his arm in order to take the pizza from the delivery guy, who would no longer make eye contact with him and stuttered a little when Kevin said "Hi there! How are you?"
*
When Kevin got in the house with everything, he discovered that the winking, half-dressed girl on the SPANX box might have had something to do with the pizza man treating him like Pervie Perverson! Mr. Pizza's wife probably never had round ligament pains or jiggly thighs, so he didn't realize that SPANX are the greatest invention in the history of women's clothing! He probably just thinks my husband orders pizza and creepy adult products for a Saturday night of wild entertainment. :(*
I asked Kevin to make a creepy pervie face while holding the box so I could take a picture. I am glad to know he can't do this. He looks like he just smelled a dirty diaper. *
Here is what I got though! Power Mamas!! They are bizarre looking, but I can't wait to see if they help. Just as with everything, they seem way too big and weird right now but I'm guessing in a few weeks (or maybe days) I will be filling them out nicely and really appreciating the "pregnancy panel for underbelly support" and the "sheer tummy panel that grows with your belly!"*
I'm 21 weeks today. Two days out of the last 7 I have felt icky and puked. The rest of the time I have felt great (except for the occasional ice pick to the abdomen sensation). I have made quite a bit of progress on my scarf too! I have done a little bit every day this week, and then "watched" SNL while knitting! It will go all the way around my neck now. To top off our wild Saturday night of cleaning, filing, organizing, pizza, Spanx, Saturday Night Live watching and knitting.... at about 2:00 am, Kevin vacuumed the ceiling fan in our bedroom while I dusted and then changed the dusty sheets. Baby girl does not know what kind of a party lifestyle she is in for at the Curley house!

3 comments:
I think Dave can relate to Kevin feelin' a little perv-like... when I was pregnant I ordered these nursing tank tops and they mistakenly got delivered to our neighbor, who proceeded to open the box and inside packages even though it wasn't addressed to him, and then when he brought it over to our house Dave answered the door and the guy goes, "I think that you probably need these more than I do"
Needless to say, I washed the tank tops several times before I wore them :)
Dear Abby,
I seriously could read your blog all day. Your stories are too funny!
HA HA, the picture of Kevin wearing (I mean holding) Spanx.
Post a Comment