"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ava Grace Curley

She's here! She arrived on Wednesday, April 3 at 7:50 in the morning.

We had another scheduled c-section. Since I had to have one the first time when the giant dermoid was removed from my ovary, I knew a second would be recommended and be likely. My doctor was willing to let me attempt a vbac delivery if I had gone into labor and she had been in position.... But... there was no labor by the specified date. And then when they got in there on Ava's birthday there was her little bottom! She was breech and so I guess God intended all along that I would have another c-section.

Ava weighed 7 lb 8 oz and was 20 inches long. She was exactly a half a pound and one inch larger than her big sister was at birth.








And big sister is just smitten with Ava. She talks about how "precious" and "beautiful" she is all the time. She tells how much she loves her and how "she has changed my life forever!" She constantly wants to hold her and help do things.















Not many things can match this feeling.


We are so grateful to God for His gift of new life in our family.

6 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Congratulations Abby! Ava Grace is beautiful!! How blessed you are!

Tessa said...

She is beautiful!! Already makes me miss that new-newborn stage!! A little disappointed I didn't get to see any belly shots this pregnancy....but I will forgive! Congratulations! I know Leah will be an amazing big sister (little mama)!

Unknown said...

Congrats! She's beautiful, and and you're right, and there is no better feeling!

SpiveyTales said...

Congratulations on your precious girl. I love her name and she is beautiful. Such sweet pictures.

Lainey-Paney said...

Congratulations!
She is beautiful, and what a sweet, sweet big sister!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Abby!!! Happy for all four of you (er... 5 if you count Beans ;)!!!!