"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Sunday, November 15, 2009

look at her grow... 9 month check-up

The grandmothers have gotten plenty of turns, so we decided to invite a Pops to come with us to a check-up.
Just waitin on the nurse...Here we go!You know you are a big girl now when you get to sit up on the scale rather than lay down!

After all was said and done, and weighed and measured...

Height - 26 1/4 inches (10th %ile)
Weight - 17lbs 5.5oz (25th %ile)
Head - darn near 18 inches (90th %ile)

Kevin thought is was a bad sign that her head circumference and her height were so close. But the Dr. said no worries! She is no longer just a punkin head.... but an official pumpkin head! Yes, I feel I have the right to say this since I am her mother, and I was a basketball-head myself. She'll grow into it. There's no need to worry about our no-neck-ed-susie-short-leg-ged-pumpkin-head! In fact, we expect her legs and a neck to be arriving in her stocking this Christmas!

Once Dr. D checked the girl out... he passed her... and then gave her a stick to play with so that (as my grandma used to say) she could put her eye out!

"OooOOOOoooooh finger prick... that sounds nice!" -Elf
She got her very first fingerstick. And she didn't mind it one bit!
This is while the nurse is milking the blood from her finger.

Flu shot # 2 was a different story. What sadness! But at least just one shot this time!


"Would you look at that... A bandaid for my fingerstick!"

As long as she has her Pops, she's ok!

**I can't believe I forgot to add the important developmental milestones we've reached!

  • Repeats sounds again and again (and again and again)
  • Scrutinizes toys and other objects (and everyone and everything and every situation and every movement and every time the wind blows!!)
  • May resist diapering (I assume that her resistance to any sort of physical manipulation or attempt to control her in ANY way, falls into this category as well... she is SOOOOO her daddy's child!) Funny because this was a favorite past-time for her first 9 months of life, but NO MORE!
  • Continues to resist doing what he/she does not want to do (oh wait, that must be what I was just describing)
  • May try to crawl up stairs (...up the back of the couch... up the dog... up mom)
  • May cry when parent leaves the room (with REAL tears... growing up is hard!)

Kevin and I agree - this has been our favorite 9 months ever!

1 comment:

Giggle said...

Adorable! The last pic is especially sweet!