"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Look at her grow... 6 month check-up

A couple of weeks back, we had the 6 month check-up... and she check-up-ed perfectly. We sit up on the table now... like a big girl!

Oh, and the milestones I remember that were most fitting...
  • may show sharp mood changes
  • displays especially strong attachment to mom (especially at bedtime)
  • jabbers and squeals (ALL DAY)
  • may show sharp mood changes (did I already mention that one?)

Doesn't that thing look like a mechanism for torture?

Here's the data:

  • 25 1/2 inches long (30th %ile). Of course its really only an estimate, because she's so wiggly they can't possibly really tell. (Once she gets that neck we ordered she will measure a little longer too.)
  • Weighed in at 16 lbs 1.5 ounces... That puts her in the 50th %ile for weight...
  • And finally, we have some assurance that she is really our baby. The head.... 17 1/8 inches! 75th %ile! Which, by my deductions means she would have been in the 30th %ile in height AND weight if not for the extra weight of that HEAD! :)

My dad says he used to palm my head like a basketball when I was a baby, because it was exactly that shape... and size. Kevin's mom had to cut the neck of his baby clothes to get them over his head. But my mom has always told me that I had to have a big head to fit my big brain. (she's sweet... and I will soon be telling Leah the same lie... because we went to lunch with a "big for her age" 1o month old and Leah's head was bigger by far... it must be the brain)

Next... 4 shots! We got all the regular ones AND the first of two (possibly three) flu shots of the year. She always gets a pretty good fever for at least 24 hours after her vaccinations. Its the pits. Of course they were terrible and it was a good thing we brought Shrimp with us. He always makes Leah feel better. (And after seeing this photo of myself, I got a haircut... which made us all feel better. uuug) A dose of grape flavored baby Tylenol and it was time for a little playing. Is there a little mischief behind those eyes Curley Q? I don't think she can see when she smiles this big. :) Her Pops has the same problem.

1 comment:

Betty Cooper said...

She's growing sweeter every day!