"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2



Friday, June 19, 2009

Look at her grow... 4 month check-up

This little girl had her 4 month check up last week! And really, she's 4 1/2 months old now! I'm SO behind.
On the way to see Doc D...She had to wake up from a good nap to go... sleepy head. So much waiting!
So many stops to make and measurements to take...

Weight: 13 lbs, 12 ozs
Length: 24 inches
Head: very proportionate...
how unusual, considering
all those big-noggin-genes
she was likely to inherit
Here she is worrying whether or not she would pass her Denver Developmental test... (she's just like her daddy sometimes)
She passed! Now let the good times roll!
Leah loves Doc D.
She loves most things.
She LOVES to laugh. (hey... me too!)
She LOVES a good nap. (me too!)
She LOVES Saturday mornings with her daddy! (me too!)
She LOVES anyone who smiles. (me too...)
She LOVES her feet. (me too... well, I'm a little proud since someone stopped me in the mall one time MANY years ago and asked me if I was a foot model)
She LOVES waking up in the morning! (ummm... not so much anymore. I'm tired in the mornings!)
'
She may wring her hands and look worried like her daddy sometimes does... but I'd say we have alot in common too. (despite that last one)
Including NOT enjoying the immunization process... next it was time for shots...
Whatchu-talkin-bout-willis?

I HATE IT when they give her shots! I was SURE this part of motherhood would not bother me! But each one is worse than the last... for me. But its better than getting rotavirus, whooping cough, diphtheria or the measles!

Oh yeah, and she definitely meets and exceeds her developmental milestones this time around... her favs are:

"enjoys mirror image" (just a little)

"basks in attention" (only a small amount of basking)

she also "uses legs in kicking motion" quite vigorously

(Of course she is behind the curve on the neck chart, but she makes up for it in cheeks and chins!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Foot model, eh? Next time I see you, I want to see those good lookin' feet! :)